Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the plastic mounting (garnish?) behind my license plate (it's cracked). I'm not certain what I need to remove to get this part off and I don't want to "over-disassemble" to do it. Does anyone have any experience with removing this and how to do it? I suspect the spare tire mount needs to come off.
I've attached a picture so you can see exactly what part I'm talking about. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Most likely will have to take the inner door panel off...it's easy tho as it just pops off and is held in place with little plastic pieces...then remove the plastic moisture barrier....then you should find the attachment points for removing that piece...not sure if the spare tire and mount need to come off or not as my rav doesn't have one...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. It appears that part of the plate surround goes up under the spare tire mount which is why I'm thinking it might have to be removed...unless it slides up under there somehow...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update to this:
You don't need to remove the interior door panel to change the license plate "Garnish".
1. Remove spare tire cover
2. Remove spare tire
3. Remove spare tire mount (two bolts and a push pin)
4. To remove the Garnish, remove 1Ea bolt and pry off Garnish...gently. It is held on with numerous plastic clips.
5. Disconnect light assembly as you pull it away from the vehicle

The clips will probably break but the new Garnish comes with new clips (Toyota OEM part)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts