Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im been searching for almost 2 weeks now and no luck. im looking for a lift kit that will lift my rav4 2017 about 2inch high anyone? trying to fit my old rims 18x9.5 + 22 with 255/55/r18 tires. any suggestion?? suggestion with tires will be appreciated too ( didnt order tires yet )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im new to rav4. Is 2014 also have the same suspension as 2017?

For the new rims, my goal is to have a agressive look so im trying to fit this rims so i was wondering if this is possible but if not i can just sell it and get a new one. Any recommended specs for rims?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So has anyone installed this kit from them, and what are your thoughts? I nearly killed my 2013 RAV4 just trying to get up onto the mesa where we were camping. The receiver hangs precariously below the rear bumper, so it bottoms out and gets dragged through everything. I have had three Tundra's, two 4Runner's, and this is my first RAV4. I love the fuel efficiency, and the general cost of ownership, but hate the limited ground clearance, and it just feels small. I could never get the Tundra or 4Runner to get anywhere over 20mpg, and this RAV gets closer to 30 at 85 mph!

I'm hopeful that a 2" lift kit might allow me to keep this vehicle a bit longer, otherwise it's going to have to go. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. I ended up with a 1" lift from them, had a wheel alignment done to put all angles back to stock. It rides like stock, and now i'm thinking i should've kept the 1.5 on order instead of 1". (It's the wife's daily driver, so I didn't want to sacrifice ride quality or reliability. (we do have a size bigger geolandar g015's that help with the ground clearance)

JT

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you have have the degree angle changes of the all input shafts measured before and after? My concern would be undue stress/failure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The two lift kits I've found are ReadyLift and LP Adventure. Anyone have any experience with either one?

Sorry about the absence of links, evidently I don't have sufficient permissions since my post count is low.

readylift.com

lpaventure.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lift kit any one?? Or can I add a bigger tire

I buying a 2018 RAVA 4 it’s has 17” rims. Can I just put 18” on it with out any modifications to get a extra inch. Thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
I buying a 2018 RAVA 4 it’s has 17” rims. Can I just put 18” on it with out any modifications to get a extra inch. Thanks

You can add 1'' to the wheels/tire height however that's not the way to do it.

Consider the fact that bigger rim size doesn't mean larger overall diameter of tire/wheel setup.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
As Arf said, 18" wheels won't add any ride height unless you go to a different tire size which you can do with the 17" wheels, and a 1" larger outside diameter tire will only increase ride height by ½". Use the search option to find posts on the largest tires that's been used on the 4.4.

Just an FYI, the 2019 Rav4(except Adventure) has 8.1" of ground clearance, the Adventure has 8.6".

Read the tire tech info on CMR.

Toyota RAV4 - Lifts for CR-V, RAV4 and More!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Northwoods Performance has a 1-1/2" kit. We've been running it since early summer. Performs great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts