Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

LIFT KIT & Gauge Face Overlay

4K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  The Drifter 
G
#1 ·
Anyone know of any lift kits for a 99 Rav4 and is this worth while. Also anyone know where I can get custom gauge faces (I had Oldsmobile Logo ones for my alero before) but don't remember the website for it. Finally anyone know where I can learn more info on what to add and how to increase my Horsepower and performance???

Thanks

G
#2 ·
Well, I can't help you on the lift kit, that is for sure, I am more for performance, which leads to lowering for better corners :wink:

As for HP, well, between me (I have had a few decent ideas, but by no means am I an expert), Mesenjaro (sorry If I butcher), DNYLRQ (right intials?), Andrew (if he ever appears on a regular basis), Drifter, and anyone else I forgot to mention (perhaps Mensa?), there are a few of us with knowledge on the subject.

The first thing you gotta do is figure out if any of your stock aprts are worn/failing/or eating way too much of your HP (for me it was the plug wires, through in some top of the line from Napa, and instant gain of a few, although I don't have a dyno, so I can't give you specs). The next step after that, is to figure out where the biggest flaws in the stock system are and improve them. Mesenjaro had great success by redoing the intake/exhaust systems. Of course, with all the wires he is running in that engine bay, it is hard to tell what exactly does what in there :wink:

Really, your best bet is to go through the forums and just read up on all the mods. If you want the ultimate power boost, try droppin a 3s-gte engine in there, or maybe being the first to do the V-6 that was recently proposed. Just a few ideas. Most of all, just read the boards, post with questions, and best of all, post with ideas so we can agree, point out faults (and possible fixes), or just totally decide that it is idiotic, and ignore you forever because of that. Actually, we will prolly just tell you taht it is a bad idea and steer you in another direction.

As far as off-roading goes (your purpose I am assuming from the idea of lift), I don't know who on here has done that much. I know I took mine off road a few times, and basically stock she does just fine on the rocks and such.

Welcome to the boards, and we look forward to seeing your Rav as it grows into its full beauty.

#3 ·
There isnt any known company that makes gauge face kits for the 98-00' RAV4. They did make them for the pre-98' models (theres usually a good number of them on ebay), but they wont fit onto the newer rav's face without having to custom fit them yourself (which no one has attempted yet, but I plan on trying it soon...)

As for the suspension kits, other than getting a custom kit fabricated (which will run you in excess of 2000$) ironman 4x4 suspension is the only company that makes a "bolt-on" lift kit for the rav4. You can by their products from RAV4OZ's forum store. (rav4oz.com)

Just to add onto what SZR said above,
Theres not really much you can do to the RAV4 performance wise without havign to get parts made (or get profesional help), but you still have a good amount of options. the more the money you will be willign to spend, the happier you will be. but for starters, I personally reccommend getting a new intake system (preferably a cold air intake) and a new exhaust set up (look under your rav at the exhaust, and youll see why lol) But i mean, with te rav4, the sky is the limit. There have been turbo motor swaps, performance chips, and all that other good stuff people have used on the RAV's, just look aroudn the forums. we are more than happy to answer any questions you have abotu any projects going on.

Welcome to the forums, and happy RAVing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.