Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an 08 rav4 as well. Ive done both lifts for it, first I went with the spacers from colaradomountainrally and now I am running the 2inches suspension lift from deaversprings. I highly recommend the suspension lift. Night and day difference in the ride but you will spend more $$$. It on you how much you want to spend. 2in is as high as you can go..... I wanted to use both lifts together to give the rav 4.5inches in lift but the lifts aren't compatible with each other. Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an 08 rav4 as well. Ive done both lifts for it, first I went with the spacers from colaradomountainrally and now I am running the 2inches suspension lift from deaversprings. I highly recommend the suspension lift. Night and day difference in the ride but you will spend more $$$. It on you how much you want to spend. 2in is as high as you can go..... I wanted to use both lifts together to give the rav 4.5inches in lift but the lifts aren't compatible with each other. Hope this helps!!!

Do you remember what you paid for the 2" suspension lift?

·
Registered
32 Posts
This statement is not totally true. You would be able to run both type of "lifts" but the ride would be terrible, as you would have very little to no drop travel left.
I only have 30mm of lift from King Springs in Oz and there is noticeable loss of droop travel when going over sharp edged speed humps. There is a big top out clunk if you hit them too fast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
like that type´?
[

i think it may not be a good idea to lift the rav, you will have more wear on the universal joints and the rubber hosing, same on steering joints becose they will be more in a angle all the time. but if you`re ok with it, then go for it.

No not a spacer lift. Looking for the OME springs and shocks. I can't find it online anywhere.

·
Registered
2012 AWD V6
5 Posts
No not a spacer lift. Looking for the OME springs and shocks. I can't find it online anywhere.
I've been looking around too. As far as I can tell, Deaver Springs was the only North American company offering a non-strut top block suspension kit. But based on reading through these forums, it sounds like they no longer support the product. It used to be here (can't post links yet, due to low post count):
deaverspring[dot]com/suspension-lift-kits/toyota-lift-kits/rav4-2006-2012

I've considered asking US-based OME sellers if they can source the appropriate springs from Australia, but haven't put the effort in to actually do so yet.

I wonder if Deaver Springs would resurrect their kit if they got enough interest from the forum?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been looking around too. As far as I can tell, Deaver Springs was the only North American company offering a non-strut top block suspension kit. But based on reading through these forums, it sounds like they no longer support the product. It used to be here (can't post links yet, due to low post count):
deaverspring[dot]com/suspension-lift-kits/toyota-lift-kits/rav4-2006-2012

I've considered asking US-based OME sellers if they can source the appropriate springs from Australia, but haven't put the effort in to actually do so yet.

I wonder if Deaver Springs would resurrect their kit if they got enough interest from the forum?

I just want a little lift without using blocks but it seems like no one makes anything so im SOL for now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So Deaver replied and said the kit is discontinued, but that they can make coils as a custom run for about $600 for both front and rear. You would need to purchase rear shocks and front shock/strut assembly separately. So I'm thinking it would cost north of $1000 to do a lift.

·
Registered
2012 AWD V6
5 Posts
So Deaver replied and said the kit is discontinued, but that they can make coils as a custom run for about $600 for both front and rear. You would need to purchase rear shocks and front shock/strut assembly separately. So I'm thinking it would cost north of $1000 to do a lift.
I seem to recall reading that when Deaver offered the kit it was in the $1000-1100 range. Could they offer any suggestions on shocks/struts that would pair up with their coils?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.