Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to lift the wife’s 2017 Rav it’s and xle. Does anyone know of any lift kits available? Links would be appreciated. Also looking to add a light bar and a basket for roof. ??

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Lots of lift threads, use the search this forum option in the black bar to find them, most will be in the Mechanical forum.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I’m debating stacking the rear lift with my Readylift lift. And changing out the the front springs with their performance springs. I want to improve my handling and cargo capacity

I'm curious how this would turn out although I don't think it would be a good idea.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The Readylift kit doesn’t change any CV angles in the rear, therefore increasing the spring height won’t strain the components any more than the Northwoods kit would if it was installed by itself. As for the front, I would run their springs but not their spacers. Their springs have a higher weight capacity so the RAV4 would sit higher, but they don’t increase travel ( the strut does that ). I think it would be a pretty sweet ride and the ride quality would dramatically improve.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The Readylift kit doesn’t change any CV angles in the rear, therefore increasing the spring height won’t strain the components any more than the Northwoods kit would if it was installed by itself. As for the front, I would run their springs but not their spacers. Their springs have a higher weight capacity so the RAV4 would sit higher, but they don’t increase travel ( the strut does that ). I think it would be a pretty sweet ride and the ride quality would dramatically improve.

I wonder more how the added height of both kits in the rear would play on the driveshaft and suspension angles.

I'll go check the Northwoods site out. I wouldn't mind getting rid of my Tema4x4 front spacers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So the drive shaft angle wouldn’t change if you already have subframe spacers, the CV angles would change, but not any more than if the spring lift was installed by itself. In the front you couldn’t stack the spacers as they both act on the same system. But in the back we are talking about 2 different things that wouldn’t affect each other. Example, my subframe lift didn’t change my rear alignment at all.

·
Registered
382 Posts
So the drive shaft angle wouldn’t change if you already have subframe spacers, the CV angles would change, but not any more than if the spring lift was installed by itself. In the front you couldn’t stack the spacers as they both act on the same system. But in the back we are talking about 2 different things that wouldn’t affect each other. Example, my subframe lift didn’t change my rear alignment at all.

Test it out and let us know!

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is how the ReadyLift Kit goes in. Its a pretty good kit, my only complaint is that when you level the RAV4 using spacers, you will need to get some airbags to put inside the rear coil springs. Otherwise you look like one of those trucks with the front half of a lift kit installed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just installed the lift from Northwoods Performance and it's pretty nice. The rear doesnt sag as easily as stock when the back is loaded up which makes driving on rough surfaces on a camping trip or moving a load of concrete/gravel a lot more confidence inspiring.
Nice another NP lift owner!

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is how the ReadyLift Kit goes in. Its a pretty good kit, my only complaint is that when you level the RAV4 using spacers, you will need to get some airbags to put inside the rear coil springs. Otherwise you look like one of those trucks with the front half of a lift kit installed.

Thats
exactly what I did.

Air bags first, then a couple months later installed the readylift kit.

Very happy with it.

I only tow a small boat with it.

Need bigger tires for the summer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts