Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Dobinson springs installed in the rear, also some adjustable Megan Racing camber arms so my wheels don’t get terrible alignment, this is how it stands after being set in! Gotta finish the front. Working with a company to get 2” spacers for front and rear! Removed sway bars and am looking to run some 265s! Gonna probably SAS this thing eventually lol. Follow me on insta: @blu_the_rav4

·
Registered
918 Posts
That is some gnar inner tire/neg camber wear. Wondering how those megan camber arms are. There are a few on rockauto that I am considering myself.

SAS ehh. I recall a SAS on a Gen1. Had some issue due to the unibody.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my new Dobinson springs installed in the rear, also some adjustable Megan Racing camber arms so my wheels don’t get terrible alignment, this is how it stands after being set in! Gotta finish the front. Working with a company to get 2” spacers for front and rear! Removed sway bars and am looking to run some 265s! Gonna probably SAS this thing eventually lol. Follow me on insta: @blu_the_rav4 View attachment 144982
Looks great man! So you are using these spring in addition to spacers? That would give you a total lift of 3"? Wow!
I'm wondering what mods would need to be done to use these springs with the TEMA lift spacers. I see on the Dobinson site they also have 1" front lift springs for the RAV4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is some gnar inner tire/neg camber wear. Wondering how those megan camber arms are. There are a few on rockauto that I am considering myself.

SAS ehh. I recall a SAS on a Gen1. Had some issue due to the unibody.
Yeah there was a lot of alignment issues with the previous set up, the Megan arms will help and same with adjustable caster arms. Getting a set of 31” KO2s. As for the SAS, I’d make a tube frame up front and reinforce the whole unibody with a tube frame/cage

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great man! So you are using these spring in addition to spacers? That would give you a total lift of 3"? Wow!
I'm wondering what mods would need to be done to use these springs with the TEMA lift spacers. I see on the Dobinson site they also have 1" front lift springs for the RAV4.
Yeah, just a lot of chopping, front coils are going in today, so 3” lift all around, once I get the billet spacers it’ll be up 4”

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Blu the RAV4
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing