Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I am new here.

I bought short version of RAV4 2002, with automatic transmision and working Webasto.

What i am planning to do

Install Torsen - Installed:

Covered with ZINC, zinc phosforatus, and wax

Ome spring Lift - in progrss they are in shippment to poland

Spacers - there are to options:
Option 1:

Option 2 made from ALU 30mm spacers.
Sorry i dont have pictures for that

Longer rear shocks - thanks for that thread:
I am planning to instal longer rear shocks

Tires - copy of BFG 235/70 r16 in shipment

Assymetrical screws for front suspension:

Of course i Changed all metal-gum elements (CTR and FEBEST), brakes (ATE) etc.

Oil for front and rear diff - AMSOIL 75W110 - what do you think about LSD additive for front diff with viscous coupler?

With such lift what about front and rear stabilizer?

Long Future:

TORQAMP electric turbo

Any advices how to do that right?

Now car looks like crap but i will change it to beatiful bird :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Welcome on RAV4World!

In Canada, we never had the 3 doors RAV4.2. :(

It will be badass when finished!

Which brand/model of tires will you install?

Don't add LSD additives neither in your t-case or rear diff... it won't do anything. The viscous LSD unit is scelled... the oil in the t-case only lubricate the ring and pinion. And for the rear; Torsen don't need additive like a clutch LSD.

As for the stabiliser bars, you can delete them if you want.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think it's going to be a monster when you're finished!

I like BFGoodrich tires, I've used their KMs and KOs on my Tundra in the past with good results. One thing above all that I appreciated about them were their ruggedness and ability to endure punishment.

Curious about the oil weight: Toyota specifies 80W90 and Amsoil does offer a 75W-90 product. Unless you plan on subjecting your RAV to far greater stress than original designed, you might be loosing some efficiency in the driveline with 110 weight oil ?‍♂

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amsoil is one of the best oils, i belive :) why 75W110? when i dissasembly my Torsen there is some black coal burned oil - in my opinion it happen when you drive highway etc when temperature is high. So i want to use oil which should be better in high temperatures. In cold temperatures it will be also better.

From new things new tires
235/70 r16
comes to me :)
Thread is about 12,5mm. this is a copy of BFG tire all 5 cost about 320Euro/$

·
Registered
147 Posts
I might argue that you'd have better temperature protection with Amsoil synthetic anyway, but the 110 weight will definitely give you bonus protection.

Wow! You scored some original KOs, I didn't know those were still available. Are they still 50 lbs each and 6-play rated?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is not oryginal KO this is a copy of this tire made by Polish company ;) They are quite cheap ;) but it is just a copy. I don;t know how it is in english but google translate says:
retreaded tire

·
Registered
31 Posts
Super excited to follow this build! Your Rav4 looks great. I have done the OME lift and 30mm TEMA 4x4 spacers. I also have the Torsten installed with various other mods. Please let me know if there are any questions I can answer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so propably you think that nothing happen but there is still plenty of work but we are almost at finis!

Full servis all fluids and filters also engine cleaner and heater cleaner:

rear left bearing was broken new one from Meyle:

Brakes only ATE:)

Color of automatic oil:

new brake covers coveret with zinc and vax:

Extenders they are advertised as 2inch but they have 40mm:

OME!

From what i See one year ago previous owner changed from shocks to brand new KYB Excel-G special for 3 dor RAV part numbers:

Soon new rear Shocks longer and filled with OIL and with special features :) there will be length comparison.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So after long work I am almost at finish

Before was:

After there is:

Whole suspension is totaly new ;) it drives crazy on road but, offroad.. there is small problem:

So car drives almost perfect. Rear shocks are waayy to short. I bought Skyjacker which are a little bit longer but still to short. So i decided to give them to - Turner/lathe hand - who will made for me special extenders.

This are the shocks which i bought:

The extender in first beta version would be 15cm, it would be thick like the shock, to avoid benting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts