Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lifted (1.5 in) my XSE with the LP Adventure lift kit, but the muffler still sits low at the stock height. It's not a big deal and I don't fear it will get damaged on trails, but it is visually annoying. Anyone have any thoughts? Wondering if there is a way to raise the muffler/exhaust to be closer to the rear bumper's height.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
More than likely the shop did it purposely because they had to move it otherwise it would've been rubbing on the K-Member, Frame on the back end of the vehicle. They did mine like that as well and that was their explanation. I do agree the exhaust tips look teeny tiny now in comparison haha. I'm going to get the exhaust done this next break and add some bigger exhaust tips.

·
Registered
66 Posts
More than likely the shop did it purposely because they had to move it otherwise it would've been rubbing on the K-Member, Frame on the back end of the vehicle. They did mine like that as well and that was their explanation. I do agree the exhaust tips look teeny tiny now in comparison haha. I'm going to get the exhaust done this next break and add some bigger exhaust tips.
Did you get the exhaust tips put on? Can you please share a photo?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Had muffler shop weld on some exhaust tips today to fill in the gap. Had to leave a little bit of a gap so it doesn’t melt the bumper. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was not in love with the black tips. It didn’t blend well with the rest of the exhaust pipe so at the shop right now getting stainless steel tips put in. The shop is also reworking the pipes to get them higher as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts