Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a Daystar spacer kit to get a little boost in ground clearance? If so what part numbers did you get (both front and rear preferably)? If not Daystar what other companies are out there making spacers. I am at a loss.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
I used the - Daystar KT09105BK Comfort Ride 1" Front Strut Spacer Kit (note not for RAV4 but it works with a little effort) (amazon.com). They are smaller in diameter than what they really should be but the y do work. I've had a pair on the front for more than 2 years.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
Excellent, I will get some heading my way then. Thanks Gator!
I will send you a picture in a short while of what it looks like a the top of the shock tower so you can make a better decision.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Here is a photo looking down at the top of the shock tower. Excuse the rust, underhood corrosion control project starts in a few days.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some things have come up and I have had to put the project on hold. I have made few mods but all to do with installing wiring for GPS, winch, light etc. My brother is the brains with fabrication and so we are having to do things in small chunks as time allows. I will definitely post pics as the project gets under way. Thanks for checking in!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I used the - Daystar KT09105BK Comfort Ride 1" Front Strut Spacer Kit (note not for RAV4 but it works with a little effort) (amazon.com). They are smaller in diameter than what they really should be but the y do work. I've had a pair on the front for more than 2 years.
What about the back? I want to lift mine too without spending lots of money. Do I just buy two of these daystar sets? What did you have to do to make them fit?

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
What about the back? I want to lift mine too without spending lots of money. Do I just buy two of these daystar sets? What did you have to do to make them fit?

I used an OME lift kit for the rear. Daystar will not work on the front, at least not the one previously mentioned. Take a look at my project http://www.rav4world.com/forums/94-4-1-d-i-y-modifications/206377-1999-4dr-4x4-major-mods.html.

The Daystar previously mentioned is actually too small in diameter but it fits between the shock tower bolts and is secure although the bolts don't go through the bolt holes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Shucks....looks like I'll have to buy the OME kit then. Sorry OP for hijacking your thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OME Australian lift system + DayStar 1" lift= respectable lift kit and enough room for up to 29" tires for sure(With 40MM spacers you can probably go wider and a bit bigger, although you might have to hammer back the wheel well to clear any rub

I'll be making a post about my setup eventually, once I get back to it. I have been driving my jeep wrangler 92 with 33" tires and 5" lifted lately. I prefer my 96 rav4 tho!

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
I have 30" (235/75R16) tires on my RAV4, removed the "bumps" at the rear of the rear well, beat the heck out of the inner wheel well and using 1" spacers and it still rubs on sharp turns to the inside of the wheel well. I'm going to cut out the rear inner wheel well and replace it with sheet aluminum spaced back about an inch to give it all the room it needs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts