Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This post is a place saver for a detailed build thread with pictures of my Rav4 lifted on Old Man Emu Springs and the 30mm Tema 4x4 lift kit.

The attached picture is with 235/60/16 tires.

Many more details to come.

-Grathlong

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
It's looking good! Now more aggressive tires would fit nicely. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Howdy! I recently got a 2005 rav4 4wd. Its solid but I want to lift it. I saw somewhere that someone was running extended 4 runner struts on the rear, I was wondering about what part it was. Also what lift options are there for cheaper lifts?

·
Registered
371 Posts
The cheapest lift kit you can buy is the Russian spacers kit sold on Ebay.... most lifted RAV4's use this kit. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lift-Kit-for-Toyota-RAV4-00-05-1-6-40mm-Leveling-strut-spacers/283304261011?fits=Year:2002|Model:RAV4&hash=item41f63ff593:g:AKcAAOSwSONcFB1i

About the rear 4Runner shocks, they need to be modified to fit the RAV4. I had to weld the lower shock mounts (loops) from the RAV4's shocks to those suited for a 2003-2009 4Runner. I did not know at this time that there was other shocks with better valving and a bit longer that were bolt-on to the RAV4.

But don't worry, the RAV4 original rear shocks are long enough up to 2-3'' lift. They just limit a bit the rear suspension travel (flex). But you'll need to disconnect the rear swaybar to benefits longer shocks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just want to have better ground clearance and I want to run general a2 grabbers. I already screenshotted the specs for skid plates. I also want to prefab an offroad bumper so I can run a winch.

·
Registered
371 Posts
What other shocks bolt on?
Old Man Emu sell excellent and cheap rear shocks for lifted RAV4. A friend of mine installed pro-comp #MX6013... and they were bolt-on. According to the application chart; they are front shocks suited for any year Jeep Wrangler lifted from 2-4 inches (extended). They are pricey because they have an adjusting valve, but I'm sure cheaper front shocks for lifted Wrangler can also do a great job (remember original Wrangler shocks are about 1'' shorter than the RAV4 rear shocks, so you need extended ones). Just make sure to buy shocks that include dust boots. This is the pic of the pro-comp vs the stock lenght rear RAV4 shock:

I just want to have better ground clearance and I want to run general a2 grabbers. I already screenshotted the specs for skid plates. I also want to prefab an offroad bumper so I can run a winch.
Without any lift, you can fit 225/75/16 tires and gain about 1'' free ground clearance.

Take a look at my build thread, you may find some interesting info for your build:

·
Registered
371 Posts
S1iver00 is right; the Wrangler front shocks remplace the RAV4 rear shocks... sorry if this was confusing. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts