Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished some work to my 1999 5sp rav.

Clutch, flywheel, oil pump, water pump, timing belt, thermostat, and everything you would expect to break in the process.

I also lifted it while I was in with the sw20 rear springs and custom front spacers.

I also attached pictures of my 1987 supra lowered on silkroad coilovers and custom control arms.

On a side note, how does one get the front into alignment spec after a lift?

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Supra is big single turbo, standalone, fuel cell, caged, built block and head.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few more of the supra, because i love this thing, and its a second cousin to the rav.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very nice. My brother had a supe just like that. All stock with factory turbo. Near cars for sure. How much lift did you get overall with the rav?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I what would guess about 2.75 inches of lift. I am going to try a 31 inch tire which will get me about 4 inches overall. Trying to get over 12 inches of ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,089 Posts
I what would guess about 2.75 inches of lift. I am going to try a 31 inch tire which will get me about 4 inches overall. Trying to get over 12 inches of ground clearance.
I've got 30 inch tires on mine (235/75R16 Firestone Destination A/T ) with a 1" lift on the front and 1" spacers and they rub on the rear of the tire well. 2.75" would probably get the lift you would need for a 30 but I don't know about a 31 inch tire.

That may be a little high for your axles too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have similar lift probably (approx 2.6") and am having issues with my rhs cv joints. A slightly longer shaft might solve the problem but finding one to fit isn't easy. Initially I was hoping the lhs shaft was a little longer and that i could install one on the rhs but they have differences in the transmission shaft end. I don't have my old one to compare anymore either. I'm not actually sure if there is a length difference or if the only difference in the shafts is the transmission end now. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts