Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Lighter problem

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  musicmeister 
G
#1 ·
Hello everyone!
My cigarette lighter doesn't work. Does anyone know where its fuse is (i lost my manual)? Is it possible to fix lighter or I need to replace it?

#2 ·
Whats up Snow Nice Rav 4 look under the steering wheel
there is a fuse box there look for the a fuse box
ther 3 rows
look at 1st row and go down to the the 4th one that is the fuses for the CIC& RADIO fuse 15a try thhat to see if it works also maybe your lighter is un plug

G
#3 ·
franco90 said:
Whats up Snow Nice RAV 4 look under the steering wheel
there is a fuse box there look for the a fuse box
ther 3 rows
look at 1st row and go down to the the 4th one that is the fuses for the CIC& RADIO fuse 15a try thhat to see if it works also maybe your lighter is un plug
Thank you, Franco! I've already found it. But there was a strange thing with it. My stereo worked perfectely, but the lighter and mirrors did not. After I changed the fuse, lighter strated working as well as mirrors. If its called CIC& RADIO, how does it affect mirrors? :shock:
BTW, Franco, how did you do those nice head lights? :roll:

#4 ·
Snowman said:
Thank you, Franco! I've already found it. But there was a strange thing with it. My stereo worked perfectely, but the lighter and mirrors did not. After I changed the fuse, lighter strated working as well as mirrors. If its called CIC& RADIO, how does it affect mirrors?
Replacement or factory radio?

I popped the Radio/Lighter fuse when pulling the console panel (how many have done that dispite the warnings?), while the radio (and the LED clock BTW) went dark, when the fuse was replaced they both came back on, but had not lost any presets or time. That means the battery lead is not on that fuse - only the accessory/igition lead.

G
#7 ·
Battery Lead Fuse? Does it exist?

Did you guys ever find the battery lead fuse circuit? I believe i blew mine while messing around with the dash/console during my car stereo installation. It would really be nice to have a clock and interior lights again :)

#8 ·
Perhaps that was a bad choice of words. I used "popped" instead of tripped or blew. Happened when the lighter terminals touched the framework of the dashboard. Fuse for that was in the panel on the dashboard.

Could you have mis-connected the wire that lets you control the stereo's panel lights in sync withe the dash lights? My aftermarket stereo does not use that feature, so it is not connected.

Does the dome light work? It's on the same circuit as the door open lights - check that fuse. Haynes book says the fuse is labled "Dome".

Good luck.

G
#9 ·
It WAS that stupid dome light fuse. I checked it before as I saw it in my electric diagrams but it was so dark i couldn't actually see it was blown.

stupid little thing cost me 4 hours of troubleshooting. Oh well, working fine now :) Thanks for your help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.