Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock: Can someone please help me?
My light on the shifter is gone out. Anyone know how to replace the bulb on a automatic 97 rav.
thanks.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You have to remove the whole center console with the two screws at the base of the armrest. Then the screws on the side of the console 4 total. Lift up and back the whole center brake console. The light (W5W) is on the drivers side under the shifter and it twists out.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ndccpf1 said:
You have to remove the whole center console with the two screws at the base of the armrest. Then the screws on the side of the console 4 total. Lift up and back the whole center brake console. The light (W5W) is on the drivers side under the shifter and it twists out.
I'm trying this and I've twisted the bulb holder out, which is still connected to the wires. How does the actual bulb come out, mine's stuck! Sorry if i'm being thick...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi i done mine about 2 years ago. the bulb should just slide out it should be kinda flat on the end and just slide into the holder.its hard to describe

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks i'll try that. if it's supposed to come out easily I guess mine is stuck pretty bad! I guess the last resort will be to smash it and pull the remaining stuck bit out with pliers...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts