Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great site. I just registered and am a first time owner of RAV4. After 500 miles, here's my brief list of likes & disklikes:

- Great steering feel, very quick, tight turn circle (my other car is an RSX)
- Composed suspension, not tipsy on turns - I drove a Sport and don't feel there's a whole lot of difference
- Good acceleration - quicker than '06 Honda CR-V EX
- Good value - paid $25,682 before tax etc., with JBL, leather, moonroof, side airbags, mats.

Dislikes:
- JBL display is defective - LCD looks damaged on one side
- No cargo light
- No covered coin box
- Occasional loud road noise (on rainy days) from rear wheel wells
and wind noise from rear doors.

That's it for now. Thanks.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Paper!

The only "con" I have had is the rear cargo light...but, right now it isn't too much of an issue for me! :)

As far as the lights on your stereo...is there anything the dealer can do about this? I have not had any problems with mine...so, perhaps it's a fluke with yours?

Again...welcome!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As soon as the rain stops and I can wash my car, I'll take pictures and post them.

As for the coin box, thanks for the tip. We live in an area where feeding parking meters is part of our lives. Covered coin boxes like I have in my RSX or in my wife's Sienna van we just sold would hold more.

As for the JBL's display going haywire, I read somewhere in the Forum here someone else who bought an '06 Sport also complained about the same. I am sure it is a warranty type fix but haven't had time to take it in yet. Just curious how many other members here experienced the same. Doesn't affect the operation. Just can't read the display on the left side of the screen.

But thanks everyone.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That could have been me. The JBL's LCD went haywire. If you pressed on the screen, if would be fixed. Finally, at some point, I was tapping on the screen to get it to fix, and it finally fixed, and it hasn't gone back since. I wonder if the cold weather partly had to do with this. Also, almost every CD that gets put in there, I have to eject it and put it in again--it usually gets an error the first time. It only hasn't happend with 1 CD. If the thing acts up more before the warranty is up, then I may have it replaced.

Also, there is a cargo area light, but it's just very small and it's on the door. The coin holder is in the top armrest, though I don't like it much.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rablat5 said:
That could have been me. The JBL's LCD went haywire. If you pressed on the screen, if would be fixed. Finally, at some point, I was tapping on the screen to get it to fix, and it finally fixed, and it hasn't gone back since.

I would try pressing on the display see if that works. Thanks for the tip. I don't have the same problem as rablat5 about having to reload the CDs and I've tried both store bought CDs as well as what the kids burned. Works okay the first time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts