Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the deal is with the Limited in Southern California? Hardly any dealer has one, especially the V6. I'm looking for an everglade V6 Limited w. taupe interior. Has anyobody seen one anywhere? Are there going to be more in the next several months or do they all go to the East Coast? :wink:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I really agonized over this; too much research can lead to indecisiveness! :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sacramento

Rest Assured :!:

Given the brutal traffic environment you'll be driving in Southern California. Power can be an added 'safety' factor. :D

Have you tried Northern California in your search? When I was in the market for my Limited + Xtras. None was to be found in the Bay Area, so I ended up purchasing from Maita Toyota of Sacramento. They're FANTASTIC and I continue to get excellent service from them. For me it was worth the drive up from the Bay Area, but would be a stretch for you. Just a thought since you mentioned East Coast. :wink:

RAVON 8)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Raving, Carson Toyota has 3 V6, 2 on the lot and 1 on allocation. The one on allocation is 4WD green w/taupe, side airbags, roof rails/x-bars, and carpet floor mats. Pretty bare boned. Not sure what other options you're looking for. The other 2 on lot are also 4WD, silver and white w/more options.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, puttputt. We've got V6s on the lots, just not any Limiteds. I'm looking for 2WD. Looks like I'll have to order, but somehow it seems like the dealers are not really keen on helping with that. What's up with that?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Not sure but could be for several reasons. Ordering from factory takes about 4 months, which means they won't be able to collect full $ until you take delivery. If they have to find one from another dealer, V6 being so popular, they may have to negotiate something else that would be worth the other dealer's while to give up hot commodity. And there are some dealers that just don't hassle, perhaps?

Is San Diego an option for you? Mossy Toyota in San Diego has 9 2WD but don't list if any of them are V6. You can also give Toyota of Escondido a call since they are a high volume dealer, too. I've spoken with fleet dept. managers at both places and they both very helpful. Ended up purchasing from Toyota of Escondido (Costco dealer) since they had the one I wanted. Last checked, Mossy was waiting to be approved as a Costco dealer but the fleet mgr told me he would honor the prices.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been reading this forum while trying to make a decision on the RAV4 and then actually finding one.

I wanted a Limted V6 4x4 with leather, DRL, Moonroof, Tow package and JBL. The 4x4 (AWD) was a problem, I could only find one in California and that dealer did not respond to my email. After searching other states I found three in Arizona except no leather.

One of the dealers offered $500 over invoice and I will pick it up tomorrow. He is meeting me with it in Blythe, CA. At first they said I would have to pay Arizona state and city tax but somehow signing the papers in CA (or maybe taking delivery in CA) made a difference and I will pay CA sales tax when I register it in CA.

The other two dealers I talked to wanted $1000 over invoice. One would ship it directly to me for $225 and the other would re-route a new one to a local dealer for me to pick up in order to avoid the Arizona sales taxes.

I was told by one of the dealers that they are receiving a shipment around April 1 and the vehicles are either in or will be in port very shortly.

The only misgiving I have is the RAV4 I am getting has 130 miles on it now (it was driven to Prescott from Phoenix in a dealer exchange) and will pick up another 120 getting to Blythe. So when I get it will have about 250 miles on it.

I want to thank all the members for all the great information they have posted. It really helps us newcomers.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Socal area, and i purchased my v6 limited 4x4 at longo toyota.
This car was actually ordered by someone but he never picked it up. It has basically everything with remote starter.
I made a deal for 28500 for two hours.. the msrp was 30500..
I'm pretty sure not many of the socal dealers will give you good deal on this car, but try..i heard keyes toyota carry couple of them..

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your posts! I decided to order my 4x2 V6 Everglade at my local dealer. Price is $27.500, fully loaded. seemed like a good deal to me, especially since they didn't have it on the lot. One thing I found out: It's so much easier dealing with the fleet managers (internet deals). No runaround with 4 different guys to buy your car. The fleet manager took care of everything! Now I just like to sell my 2003 RAV Sport. anyone interested? :wink:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I spent ages looking for a V6 4x4 Limited with Leather in So Cal.

I still haven't seen one and none of the dealers I spoke to had any coming their way.

I ended up getting a sport - the only thing its really missing that I wanted is leather but having seen the pictures of Karrok's after-market leather I figured I'd do that rather than wait 4 to 5 months for a special order.

Plus the flint mica and the 18" wheels look great.

By the way - I totally agree dealing with internet managers is so much easier. Richard Garcia at Toyota of Long Beach was pretty good to work with and was one of the few dealers who seemed to make a genuine effort to win my business.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts