Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm new. And tearing my hair out. Any help will be gratefully received. I have a Toyota Rav d4d. Here's my problem. When I drive up to 60 mph all is good. Once i speed up to over 60 mph the car immediately falls into limp mode and drops right down to 30 mph. I have to either pull over, let the car idle for 30 seconds and then it seems to clear and all is ok again. Or depress the clutch and free wheel for 30 seconds until it clears again. I can then drive without issue for maybe an hour, a day or no particular time. It just happens again sporadically, but every day at least once. I took the car to a main Toyota dealer, who ran diagnostics on it. They found nothing and no fault code showed up. So i'm back to square one. Any ideas please?

Many thanks

dellabella

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Welcome! Possibly you can persuade the main dealer's service department to have one of their technicians ride along with you so that they can see first-hand how the problem develops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello

thank you so much or your reply. Gremlins are definitely at work with this vehicle. The Toyota dealer got one of his mechanics to take it home. Nothing! Zero, de nada, nought. Unbelievaly the car behaved impeccably and made a total liar out of me. i explained that the problem was sporadic but they looked at me as if I was a fool. Hence coming to the forum.

Thank you for your input though. Much appreciated.

dellabella

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
There are UK - based Toyota owners clubs where you might find answers as well, such as www.toyotaownersclub.com.

Good luck - hopefully the gremlins can be located and expunged!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts