Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently I spot a line in the turning lights assembly on the side view mirror. Soon after I found another line in the exact position on the other mirror. See attached

My first thought is that it's a crack caused by some impact, but I am having hard time believing that impacts could have two lines on two sides that looks the same after only 600 miles. Plus I really can't feel the line with my finger.

Second thought is that is a line where two lens pieces come together. Again I couldn't imagine why Toyota would make the lens two pieces as they are so small.

Well if that‘s just a crack I guess I could live with that. Just want to make sure that no wired thing is happening, do you guys have the same line on your Rav4?

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got those on my car as well, seems like different parts put together. And it's not on the outer layer of the clear plastic.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Recently I spot a line in the turning lights assembly on the side view mirror. Soon after I found another line in the exact position on the other mirror. See attached

My first thought is that it's a crack caused by some impact, but I am having hard time believing that impacts could have two lines on two sides that looks the same after only 600 miles. Plus I really can't feel the line with my finger.

Second thought is that is a line where two lens pieces come together. Again I couldn't imagine why Toyota would make the lens two pieces as they are so small.

Well if that?s just a crack I guess I could live with that. Just want to make sure that no wired thing is happening, do you guys have the same line on your Rav4?
The lens is made from injection molding. Any injection mold consists of at least 2 pieces so that once the plastic or whatever material is being used has been injected and cooled, the mold can be taken apart to remove the plastic part. Some molds may consist of more than 2 parts for ease of removing complicated/intricate molded parts, so that line that you are seeing is most likely where 2 pieces of the mold come together. It is not worth the time for Toyota to file it down otherwise the cost of the lens goes up. Hope this eases your concern.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts