Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

A couple of you complained about having seat reclining issues and problems with RS3200 security system. I am sorry to hear about them.

For the benefit of me and those who are yet to get their RAV4 it would be great if you can kindly list them so that people can make sure to check for these before taking their delivery.

Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The only thing that really annoyed me was the dam cup holders.... oh ya one more thing occasional window rattle when the window is down a bit but other than that I LOVE IT.... :lol:

I hate the fact that other countries have the NAV Unit available but not here in the US. This gets me really mad :x

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I was the one who started the whole seat reclining thing.. I'm still not so sure its designed to be that way or not.

Another issue I had was the tire pressure monitor was lit from day one. Seems that they filled the spare tire with 15 lbs to much air pressure and the monitor showed this. Other then that ours was issue free and a very early production one too

·
Registered
652 Posts
Where is the posting about the issues related to RS3200 security system? I don't recall seeing people with that many issues concerning it.

If you could point me to the post, I'd appreicate it. Searching yielded too many results.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
The only issue I remember about the RS3200 was that the dealers were not able to find them due to the new model year, I am sure thats no longer a problem.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plastic Steering Column Cover Falling Off!

I've had my new V6 limited for less than a week and the Plastic Steering Column Cover has become separated. It looks like it just snaps together - I'm sure if you look at yours you will see the seam.

I'm going to make the dealer fix this. I can probably just snap it back together myself, but I want to make sure that I get a permanent solution. I don't want to have to deal with this for the life of my car!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First impressions

I've owned a 2006 RAV4 V6-Ltd only for about 2 weeks, perhaps it's too early to tell, but I have not detected a single flaw yet in terms of manufacture, construction, or assembly.

Yes, I DEFINITELY agree about the sheer stupidity of certain minor design features - like entirely useless cupholders - but these are small potatos (sp?) in the larger scheme of things and I'm quite pleased so far.

Hope this answers your question - at least from one guy's perspective. :wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
There are some minor usability issues noted by others, but the only big annoyance with our Rav is the kick when going into drive. This is more of a problem in cold weather when the engine is idling higher. However, even when warmed up and pushing the brake firmly, it kicks into gear a little more forcefully than I'd like. Maybe I'm comparing apples (our camry) to oranges (the Rav).

It sounds like some of the responders here have noticed the same thing, some have not.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
The only real "issue" I had is that the Cargo Net listed on the Monroney was nowhere to be found in my RAV. My salesman pulled one out of another RAV on the lot... I wonder if that's what happened to mine! :wink:

The little problems related to the seats (paint chipped on the doorsill, wiring sticking out the bottom of the driver's seat and rear seat not flopping down) was the fault of the leather installers.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had a faulty air bag sensor that caused the warning light in the instrument cluster to keep coming on.

Toyota replaced the sensor and it has been fine since. Another forum member had the same thing happen too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Car has been perfect. For me, a perfectionist, that's great. Only thing I'd mention are things that were done by design/on purpose, such as worthless cupholders and cargo light and rear door that opens on the wrong side (same as my '96 RAV). see other thread for "things you'd like changed"

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a metal sounding rattle underneath the passenger's side B pillar. It's by the adjustable seat belt thingy. If I press on the seat belt thingy the noise is still there. It's very faint and it's intermittent. When the dealer test drove it, they didn't hear it.

The other "issue" is the JBL cd changer. Had to have it replaced because a burned cd (no label, sharpie) wouldn't eject and it just kept cycling through all the slots.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My driver's side headrest "shimmies" up. Tried switching the headrest from the passenger seat...and, it still shimmies up on the driver's side...so, it is the seat, not the headrest. It bypasses the notches and just keeps going up and up and up all on its own! LOL! When I took it to the dealer...the morons stuck a piece of paper down the hole...as though THAT was going to fix it! We're going back and making them fix our $23,000 car so it is perfect! :)

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
RAVishing said:
When I took it to the dealer...the morons stuck a piece of paper down the hole...as though THAT was going to fix it!
:lol: ... that's just wrong... don't ever let them work on your brakes :shock:

·
Registered
14 Posts
In my case cargo net and cover were missing on delivery - the dealer got them for me within a couple of days.
Also, after leather was installed, rear seats stopped folding by pulling levers in the cargo area - was fixed by the dealer.

So far so good.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have only had one problem so far, it may sound like nit-picking, but its something that should work, the cap to the 12v input in the front does not stay closed. I about ready to rip it off and just stick a cigarette lighter in there, even though i dont smoke. Anyone else have this problem???

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
schwartzy1 said:
I have only had one problem so far, it may sound like nit-picking, but its something that should work, the cap to the 12v input in the front does not stay closed. I about ready to rip it off and just stick a cigarette lighter in there, even though i dont smoke. Anyone else have this problem???
you can get it replaced under warranty...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I always laugh at how big a deal cup holder design is here in America.

Dare I suggest drinking hot drinks whilst driving isn't the safest thing in the world.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The weather is getting warm. The button to open the sliding drawer starts working fine. I think Toyota should do something about it. As not everyone has warm weather whole year around.

TSQ

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Baron G said:
I always laugh at how big a deal cup holder design is here in America.

Dare I suggest drinking hot drinks whilst driving isn't the safest thing in the world.
Well, that's just like suggesting people wear their seatbelts when they are annoyed by the aggressive beep.

Not a solution.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts