Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Proud mama of a 2006 Rav-4 with 132,000 miles! Recently I noticed a wet area under the gas pedal(obviously drivers side). I checked the next morning and there was no more leaking and the puddle had dried substantially. I was relieved and thought maybe a bottle of water had leaked(trying to be an optimist... Probably/definitely naivety!)

So fast forward two days, it was cold, so I didn't use A/C and there was no puddle to be seen. And today I drove my car, with A/C on for about 100 miles. When I arrived home there was a little wet spot again on the drivers side, right under the gas pedal.

Any ideas? Any fixes? I would LOVE to fix it myself/have my fiancée fix it. I've read it's likely a clogged condensation drain. I just don't want to "fix it" and make it worse.

Any and all help and advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Probably the drain tubing line from the A/C condenser under the dash is blocked.

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Thank you so much!
You are certainly welcome! In anther thread you showed that you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty, so to speak, and you are learning quickly! Good luck in sorting out this problem. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
My understanding is the drain tube for the A/C leaking is usually on the passenger side, not the driver's side.

Does this RAV4 have a moon roof and has it rained or been though a car wash at roughly the same time as when the wet spots appeared?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My understanding is the drain tube for the A/C leaking is usually on the passenger side, not the driver's side.

Does this RAV4 have a moon roof and has it rained or been though a car wash at roughly the same time as when the wet spots appeared?

Thanks for your reply! Nope. No rain. No car wash(although I should!).

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
If the A/C condenser drain is not the problem, suggest that you take your RAV through a high pressure car wash (find one with soft rotating cleaning) and see whether that reveals a leak from any glass, door, or other gasket-sealed areas.

Or - a long shot - could someone have left a water bottle under the seat which is leaking?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the A/C condenser drain is not the problem, suggest that you take your RAV through a high pressure car wash (find one with soft rotating cleaning) and see whether that reveals a leak from any glass, door, or other gasket-sealed areas.

Or - a long shot - could someone have left a water bottle under the seat which is leaking?
Okay. I will be sure to do that if its not the condenser drain! And no, I wish it was a water bottle. :( I actually initially thought that's what might have happened. But it's specifically when I use my A/C, I think.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Correct about the drain being on the passenger side, however when mine clogged, it filled up the plenum and leaked into the driver side. A lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts