Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this little sticker pasted on the drivers side door pillar.

I wonder if some Toyota haters will be calling for class action lawsuits against Toyota for reducing the value of our wonderful RAV4s....:D

I'm not sure which recall caused this modification.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
There is a uniform capacity and any vehicle with options that add weight carry that sticker with the correction.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a uniform capacity and any vehicle with options that add weight carry that sticker with the correction.
After all these years I never noticed this sticker....maybe it's me..:shrug:

Tom

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,712 Posts
Mine has had a similar sticker from the day I brought it home.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I think it has to do with Toyota being required to correct the payload in order to meet NHTSA Federal standards in USA. It may have been something a simple as your floormats if added by the dealer!

My RAV sticker has the same code as 2009 Tacoma and they talk about it on their forum:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/got-a-new-yellow-sticker-in-the-mail-from-toyota.50347/

Also, my sticker states a load reduction of 80K or 175 lbs! And it came as a bare bones Base with nothing extra. Good grief, no wonder my 4-banger is so slow, lol. Apparently, there were a lot of screw-ups and do-overs on the actual weight labels, but my fatty label remains.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hmmmm... I added floor mats to mine after I bought it but they never gave me a sticker that says "And take off another two pounds." For the life of me, I'm imagining some anal vehicle owner dropping a bathroom scale on the ground in front of his/her vehicle and screening potential passengers before they're allowed in. "Sorry! Your kid puts us three and a half pounds over the limit."

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is similar to the way they advertise tv's these days.

They will say something like 32" Class, or 47" Class. That is because usually the actual measurement is 31.9" or 46.9".

In today's litigious society, you have to CYA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts