Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since the RAV was new I would get this message, Error 3, when I first tried to load a cd in the macine, doesn't matter if it was real or burnt.

Today I took it in to the dealer and they ordered a new head unit, let's hope this one is better.

I also told them I had a shimmying head rest like some one else on this site and they will take off the seat cover and check to see if something is impeding the locking, when I am in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also have had the same error and I believe there is another thread that has the same problem. I found that after getting the error if I shut off the stereo and then tuned it back on it worked fine.

I would like to know if getting a new head unit actually fixes this problem.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I seemed to have the same problem with the JBL unit. It seems to have cleared up once a CD has been loaded into each disc tray. It seemed to manifest itself most of the time whenever a disc was loaded into a tray that I hadn't used yet. Most of the time, it could be fixed by ejecting the disc, then reloading it. Once you have successfully loaded up all 6 of your trays, try removing the discs and loading different ones, and they should work the first time.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The new head is in and is working much better so far...I'll keep trying it and I have to try some mp3cd's too with folders and get that going.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts