Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My friend has a BMW on lease and if anything goes wrong with his car he just takes it to the dealership and they gave him a loaner car if its going to take them long. He also gets free oil changes.

What kind of a service plan is that? Can we get a similar one for our RAV4? If yes, is it worth getting it? Is that something we can get in addition to the 7yr/100,000 Toyota warranty that everybody has been talking about?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
My experience has been that it depends on the individual dealership as to whether they offer loaner cars and free oil changes. My Toyota dealership has loaner cars but you have to book them a week or so in advance. Check with the dealership(s) you visit - sometimes they'll be willing to add services incentives like that to get your business.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Some Toyota dealers will offer loaner cars if the service will take a long time. If you have the Toyota extended warranty, the loaner car is covered by that plan. Some dealers also offer pre-paid maintenance plan, which covers oil changes up to a certain amount of time or mileage.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
It's just part of the warranty that some manufacturers offer.

I made good use of it with my Acura and Mazda.

Toyota doesn't offer that on the manufacturer level, but individual dealers may do it as a courtesy. Especially if you both bought your car there and regularly get it serviced there.

·
Registered
363 Posts
In the 06 RAV4 brochure fine print says you may be eligible for transportation if your vehicle requires overnight repairs under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts