Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found plenty of information about the location of this sensor, and I looked under, and can see it.

What I can't figure out is where it connects to? The cable goes from the exhaust, through the body of the vehicle and off to some mystery location that I can't find in real life or searching the web. Can someone explain where it connects?

Thanks

2007 V6
Bank 1 Sensor 2

·
Registered
57 Posts
I replaced that sensor. It actually is very easy. Remove the plastic trim piece that is right next to the accelerator pedal. Pull out from the rearward end and it comes off easily. Then, right under the end of the console corner is the connector. I had to pull the side of the console out just a little to see better. The Denso 234-4501 sensor was an exact replacement down to the rubber boot for sealing the hole through the floor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll have to take a look, maybe it will be obvious. Not sure what the "console corner" is referring to.

Are you sure that's the right part number? Denso 234 4501. Auto Parts warehouse shows that number as Passenger side, I need driver side.

http://tinyurl.com/mvja7rx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just finished replacing Bank 1 Sensor 2 on a 2008 Rav4 Sport V6. Had Code P0137 (low volts O2) and the three lights (VSC/4WD/ChkEng). Cruise was disabled also. The location in very close to the Driver's right foot, where the cable extends through the rubber grommet to the exhaust manifold where the sensor is located (upstream of the CAT (i.e. closer to the engine.... no sensor Downstream of CAT. The Denso 234-4501 is Definitely correct. I also used this video:
... PB Blaster (twice a day for 3 days) and a 7/8" Deep Impact socket w 18" breaker bar. Reinstalled with anti-seize (comes with the new sensor) finger tight then a big 7/8" open end to about 35 ft-lbs, codes cleared fine with ODB II code reader. Half hour. Glad I found these threads ($62 bucks for part on amazon).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts