Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Limited with the roof rack cross bars and when the sun roof is open it seams like a lot of wind noise. I am thinking the front cross bars may need adjusted but unlike my 2011 Rav there is no label on the rails indicating the best position to reduce noise. Does anyone have a recommendation for the placement of the front cross bar.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2017 Limited Hybrid and I added the crossbars option at the dealer. They installed them and gave me the directions I filed away. Check on line since I can remember there were several pages and a plastic key to adjust them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a vehicle previously with a sunroof and cross bars. I found that if the bars were a bit further back on the roof, they made less noise via the sunroof when it was open. Then, if I needed to carry something, I just put them exactly where I needed them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I moved my front cross bar back about 11 " from the factor label installation and it seam to cut down on the noise when the sun roof is opened or titled. My 2011 Rav has a label on the rail indicating the best front cross bar location to reduce noise. The paper work that came with the plastic key to adjust the cross bars on my 2016 dose not have any information on best location to reduce noise .

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Best position for the cross bars is stored in a closet or garage, they make no noise and don't impact fuel economy when stored, they're easy to remove or install when needed which hasn't been very often for me, I used them on my 2006 once in 9yrs to haul a ladder, never used them on my '15 or the '16 HV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts