Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three times my wife's new RAV4 Hybrid Limited infotainment screen has locked up. Only once did it come back after a few hours of driving, otherwise the only way it came back to life was with the vehicle turned off and back on. We run the 3 split on the screen radio, drivetrain and moving map.

Sent from my Googled out iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine's done it once. I talked to the dealer and they said if I could bring it in while it's locked would be best.

Three times my wife's new RAV4 Hybrid Limited infotainment screen has locked up. Only once did it come back after a few hours of driving, otherwise the only way it came back to life was with the vehicle turned off and back on. We run the 3 split on the screen radio, drivetrain and moving map.

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
Mine's never done it....yet. Several others have had the problem tho, you can reboot it by holding the radio on-off button(volume) in for a few seconds.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yes, press and hold the off knob for a few seconds till it reboots.

Mine has done it while indexing a USB drive containing thousands of files, otherwise no problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx, figured the take it in when it is doing it, appreciate the info about rebooting it, I have let my white know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So far, mine has only locked up on the triple screen with moving map on the right. Since I stopped using the map as one of the 3 screens it has not locked up since.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bringing this thread back as my screen went blank last week again (and came back). But something else has happened too - my Bluetooth connection to my iPhone has gone haywire. It will send & receive calls, but the sound is almost unrecognizable. I tried unpairing & repairing my phone and same thing.
So I took it to my dealer today and a tech could not solve it. The software was up-to-date. So they've ordered me a new head unit.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts

I had to have my head unit replaced. This may be one of the parts made in China.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So got the new head unit installed today. So far everything is working fine!

Bringing this thread back as my screen went blank last week again (and came back). But something else has happened too - my Bluetooth connection to my iPhone has gone haywire. It will send & receive calls, but the sound is almost unrecognizable. I tried unpairing & repairing my phone and same thing.
So I took it to my dealer today and a tech could not solve it. The software was up-to-date. So they've ordered me a new head unit.

·
Registered
551 Posts
My infotainment system gets really slow response for touch interface when i use navigation. My display is set to 3 way split screen.
Top left for audio, bottom left for energy monitor, and half the screen on right side for navigation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts