Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't recall reading this in the manual (will read it again) but I just found this out this weekend.

To the right power lift gate button there is a small button that controls the doors. Before, I would hit the close button to lower the lift gate and then I would walk back over to the driver door to touch the handle to lock the doors. But this weekend I accidentally hit a small button when I tried to open the lift gate. That button unlocked all the doors. I hit the button again and it locked all the doors.

So now instead of walking over to the driver door to lock the car after the lift gate comes down, I just hit this little button.

Just thought I would share...

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
It's on page 113 in the Hybrid manual, in the 3.2 section: Opening, Closing and Locking the Doors.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You can also hit the lock button on your remote as soon as it starts closing, you don't have to wait till the gate is latched.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I came across the same feature by accident. Glad I found it! Now if they'd just make the remote signal stronger . . . . If I have the remote in my pocket and am wearing a coat, the hatch won't open.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I asked this question before, good to know that is what the button is for.

As I was forcing the lift gate to close two days ago by pushing it down with my hand, my wife (who drives the RAV4), informed me there's a big rectangular push button to close the lift gate. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts