Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have locking lugs on all wheels including spare?

What about the spare tire cover?

Thanks, kj

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dealer installed locking lug nuts on all wheels as well as the spare. The hard wheel cover has a latch on the bottom where you could put a small lock but I haven't botheredputting one on.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did he charge you ... or did he throw them in?

I got quite a bit off list - over 14% - but I'll be there tomorrow and could ask for them. :D

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
My car was bought in Canada and I received a package of an extra 4 lugs and 1 lock for one wheel which I think was in one of the compartments or under the seat.

Did you not get a set? The good thing is that it already matches your key.

As for putting it on the spare. For some reason no one was smart enough to do so. :roll: But no problem, it only take you a few minutes. :D

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely did not get a set with the car. I will be at the dealership tonight and will ask. Thanks guys! -kj-

·
Registered
52 Posts
Locking lug nuts cost extra

My '01 came with locking lug nuts, all 5 (steel) wheels, but they were a $50+ Monroney sticker add-on (not a dealer mark-up). Glad I have them, especially since I no longer use any cover on my spare (I like the look).

RAV on.

·
Registered
685 Posts
My '98 came with a locking lugnut on the spare only, so when I put new rubber on steel wheels, I visited Walmart and put a cheap set on the other four wheels.......they only stop honest ppl anyway, IMHO.
My '05 Chili came with 5 locking lugnuts on the 5 alloys........BUT I feel the spare is still vunerable to theft as anyone with a rachet and swivel can get thru the spokes and take off the spare mount c/w spare........I've thought about taking the door card off the back door and pinning the four bolts in some manner.......AND anyone with expensive wheels shud consider this!!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
I'm glad I live in an area where wheel theft is not common.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kjarrett said:
Do you guys have locking lugs on all wheels including spare?

What about the spare tire cover?

Thanks, kj
The Chili Special Edition (in Canada) comes with locking lug nuts for all four wheels, including the spare, installed at the dealer before delivery.

Unfortunately, I only have a soft spare tire cover... but I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My '01 came with a full set of 5 locking lugs as well, all installed by the dealer. I believe I have what they called the "C" package at that time.

-Stephanie

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stephanie said:
My '01 came with a full set of 5 locking lugs as well, all installed by the dealer. I believe I have what they called the "C" package at that time.

-Stephanie
Package C is an awesome option level, eh? ABS, etc... also a hard spare tire cover.

·
Registered
32 Posts
EHinthe604 said:
Package C is an awesome option level, eh? ABS, etc... also a hard spare tire cover.
Package C was almost perfect for me... I didn't want leather seats and didn't want the sunroof. The only thing I missed was the alarm system. Will probably get an aftermarket alarm one of these days though.

-Stephanie

·
Registered
994 Posts
I bought a set of McGard Wheel locks for $39.00. ( 5 Wheel locks ) at Longo Toyota, in El Monte California.

Part number PT276-42041

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wheel Locks

I took mine off. They are a pain when you rotate tires. The Toyota Fan Blade rims come with a much larger lug nut, so I would have to get a second larger set, which just complicates things. We live in a very low crime area in the North Carolina mountains (aka Mayberry). People leave their cars running outside of the Post Office, so I'm not worried about they taking my wheels.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wheel Cover

I believe the price of the wheel cover is at least 2X that of the cheap steel spare rim and stock spare tire, so I'd be more concerned about losing the painted factory wheel cover than the wheel. They run like $330.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts