Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Rav4 Hybrid Limited with the automatic back hatch door. The manual says that the door should be locked when the car goes through the car wash. My Toyota service guys said to simply lock the doors when you are going through the car wash (and sitting in the car).

Herein lies the problem. I cannot stay in the car when it goes through a car wash, as I get horribly motion sick. So I have to go to a place where the car goes through by itself. How do I lock the back hatch (I expect this is so it doesn't accidentally open while being washed).

The car is getting grimy, so an advice would be appreciated.

PS Just got my 1st oil change, and have just over 10,000 miles on my Rav4. Mileage averages between about 36 and 42, getting slightly higher mileage on the highway (even better going east, which has more downhill inclines). It was really chilly today... love the heated seats.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The hatch locks when you lock all the doors. Either touch the lock area on your front door handles or the small nobby button on the hatch (next to the large open button). Both lock all the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will this lock the doors when there is no driver in the car, it is on but in neutral? As in when it is going thru a car wash? The kind where the driver is not in the car?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will play around and see what I can do... but I don't think I can put it in neutral and turn it off. When I forget to put the car in park, it won't fully turn off. I get a message telling me to put the car in park and hit the power button. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I will play around and see what I can do... but I don't think I can put it in neutral and turn it off. When I forget to put the car in park, it won't fully turn off. I get a message telling me to put the car in park and hit the power button. But I could be wrong.
This may be the only time where you'd want both keyfobs on your person.
One in the car and one on you when you're outside manually locking the back hatch door.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I believe you can lock the doors with the (inside) lock switch on the door itself - in other words, get out of the car, press the lock switch on the driver's door, then shut the door. This should lock all of the doors with the car running in neutral. Be careful to ensure that don't leave the fob in the car as you can lock yourself out this way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts