Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have my 98 rav base fwd soft top.. it's had the steel wheels it's whole life i guess. i bought some aftermarket rims for it, but my wheel studs are only long enough to get the nuts on one and a half turns. i'm having no luck finding longer studs locally (7 shops). anyone ever have to get longer studs? any idea where i should look, or the size or part # i need like 10mm longer than the stock ones.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
What kind of aftermarket rims ? Do they require tuner lugnuts ? I had some aftermarket rims a while back that required Gorilla extended lugnuts. Example:

Picture from Summit Racing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sacchi S12 212. got me 6 brand new ones for under $300, things are a decade old.. 4 still wrapped in boxes. my stock lug nuts fit fine, just not enough stud. also i cant use just any socket.. but i have one that fits... tight hole i'll say. doesnt look like i'm going to get around paying $200 for studs :/ then i still need 4 GOOD tires

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts
On Amazon Prime ARP 1007715 are 34.99 for 5 but you may find them cheaper:

On ebay ARP 1007715 are $123.54 for 4 sets with free shipping

M12 1.5, knurl 14.22mm length 50mm

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the studs.. spent.. a lot.. too long... no big deal, mr.angle grinder fixes this.

tires came in. firestone firehawk indy 500's 235/55/17. life is good.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Nice RAV4 convertible.

·
Registered
609 Posts
From your photo, it looks like you had the right studs, just the wrong type of lug-nut. Different rims often need a different type of lug-nut. Go back to where you got the rims and they can tell you which type of lug-nut you need for those rims. Using the wrong type of lug-nut can cause a rim to break.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Newby to Toyota and RAV4 here:
My 2001 4WD came with Enkei wheels and aftermarket lug nuts - much smaller diameter than OEM. They are 2 kinds (guess to fend off thievery) and each kind came with its narrow and long socket with inner slots.

Question: Do steel wheels have to be fastened with the OEM lug nuts with the attached washers or regular nuts with cone-shaped mating surface will do?

Thanks,
Tihol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts