Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have been the longest waits for receiving your Rav? I ordered mine on 2/25 (3 months today) and have not got word on it arriving yet. By the way hello to everyone, this is my first post. Scott

·
Registered
229 Posts
Scott.. Welcome to the boards.. :) These are the people that will keep you sane during your wait!.. :p

I waited a bit over 10 weeks before receiving mine..

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I waited 10 1/2 weeks for my RAV. I was initially told 6-8 weeks but they couldn't locate the color and configuration combo that I wanted. Wow, 3 months! What configuration did you order? Was it a special order from Toyota, or has the dealer just not been able to locate the configuration you want? There are a lot of resourceful people on this forum, so if your dealer can't find it, maybe someone here can help!

ravgal

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4wd 6cyl Ltd Combo C (Leather) Barcelona Red with taupe leather. Spoke with dealer today, told him if not in next weeks allocation then see ya. Seems dealers are only allowed a certain number of special orders per dealer and therefore they just wait for the "right car" to appear and then grab it. Toyota is a little bass ackwards for doing it this way and not doing special orders on all cars. I have ordered from Dodge and GM and the day I ordered, I was given a delivery date and both were earlier than specified. Frustration level is over the top. :wall

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Seems if you can live with the configurations the dealers in your area build head to you can get them in a reasonable time. Mine was 4 weeks. It was a Silver Limited with I4.

If you want a low production color or V6 you will find that they are a lower percentage in the build ahead queue and you will be waiting a longer period of time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Waited 10 weeks and worth every minute, just like good wine and a steak :wink:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ordered 12/28/05 delivered 03/22/06 I was "told" by the salesman that this was the first V6 in the city. I kinda brlieve it too still haven't seen another V6 cruising the roads.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not here yet...........

"Ordered mine 3-18. The dealer called and said it SHOULD be here sometime the week of June 5th. That is in the ballpark of 11 to 12 weeks. Chicago suburbs Limited V6 with 4WD in Everglade

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
sportxp said:
4wd 6cyl Ltd Combo C (Leather) Barcelona Red with taupe leather. Spoke with dealer today, told him if not in next weeks allocation then see ya. Seems dealers are only allowed a certain number of special orders per dealer and therefore they just wait for the "right car" to appear and then grab it. Toyota is a little bass ackwards for doing it this way and not doing special orders on all cars. I have ordered from Dodge and GM and the day I ordered, I was given a delivery date and both were earlier than specified. Frustration level is over the top. :wall
A friend of mine ordered a HHR and he got it in 6 weeks. It really depends on what the demands are for the car you order. Dodge and GM cars are usually not subject to production limits and high demand, and they dont have to be shipped oversea.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ordered my v6 limited 03/16/06,was told it would be 14-16 week wait but if I wanted silver or dark blue than a 1 week wait,received the vehicle 2nd week in May production date 03/06

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think I may have had the first V6 w/ leather in my city too. I have/had only seen one other V6 and it was cloth.

·
Registered
47 Posts
After two months of waiting I just found out that Kristi isn't at Basil anymore and they don't even seem to know what we supposedly ordered and left a healthy deposit on. We're either back to day one or shopping for something else. :wall

·
Registered
165 Posts
shredder2010 said:
Ordered my v6 limited 03/16/06,was told it would be 14-16 week wait but if I wanted silver or dark blue than a 1 week wait,received the vehicle 2nd week in May production date 03/06
What city do you live in Canada? When I ordered by v6 Ltd Silver on April 7, they've a car in their stock. Only wait for 1 day or 2 for them to prepare the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts