Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealers have a 2014 Limited and a 2015 XLE. Both are one owner, low mileage (7500 on the XLE , 11,500 on the LTD), clean Carfax report. They are basically the same price. Can't decide.

The dealer with the LTD also has a Toyota Certified 2014 XLE with 14,000 miles for about $2000 less.

Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
11,096 Posts
I'm maybe (probably :cool::roll::D:) different but I value a lower price over lower mileage so I'd go for the '14 XLE if it has the options you want. I once told a dealer who wanted a premium for low mileage he needed to go drive it to get the price down. A few years from now the few thousand miles difference will have little affect on the trade-in value. Of course that's something I NEVER do, always sell private. Probably owned 30+ cars over the last 50 years.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Lower price !

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not sure if you have road tested both at length. If you, you should as the XLE rides on 17 inch tires and the Limited rides on 18`s. The ride quality for some is too harsh on the 18`s. It`s a matter of personal choice, I happen to like the firm ride on the Limited.

Also, if you have kids or pets, the softex seats on the Limited can be a godsend, they clean up very easily and are very durable.

Either way, you can`t go wrong...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well darn. The Limited sold (dealership owner bought it for his daughter).

Eliminated the other XLE's there and it's down to the 2015 with low miles that's overpriced. May just wait a bit for a Limited to show up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure if you have road tested both at length. If you, you should as the XLE rides on 17 inch tires and the Limited rides on 18`s. The ride quality for some is too harsh on the 18`s. It`s a matter of personal choice, I happen to like the firm ride on the Limited.

Also, if you have kids or pets, the softex seats on the Limited can be a godsend, they clean up very easily and are very durable.

Either way, you can`t go wrong...
Yes. We have a 2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited. We like it so much we decided to trade our 10 yr old Ford on a used RAV4.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Follow up: we went to get the 2015 low mileage XLE, and got lured into a brand new XLE for a couple of thosand more. With the zero % financing on the new one it was pretty much a wash. We are happy campers. It also helped that they gave us a generous trade in allowance on our 10yr old Ford Freestyle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts