Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,

I have a bone stock 2009 with OEM radio. In the course of looking at new cars for my wife, I realized how much great entertainment suites are available for consoles and it got me thinking about upgrading to something like this.

So, fellow RAV4 owners, are there any recommendations out there? Ideally, I'd like to either have an iPhone-like display or sync, and possibly a DVD option for the kids, though this last one is just a thought...

Thanks from Northern Virginia!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I put in a Jensen VX7020, Navi, Bluetooth were what i was looking for. added a rear camera. wish now i had gotten something with real-time traffic on the navi.. but ya know $230 vs $1200 ..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Since you have an iPhone I'd look into a CarPlay compatible radio. I just installed a pioneer avic 6000 NEX. It's great. It has Bluetooth, nav with traffic, and it can also control dual zones so you could have monitors in the back playing a dvd for the kids while you still have nav and music through the front speakers. Any of the pioneer NEX series are CarPlay compatible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very interesting - the Pioneer you bought looks amazing, but perhaps a bit steep for me at ~640 without installation. But that's *exactly* what I"m looking for, or something close to it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts