Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'19 Rav4 XLE Hybrid--Magnetic Gray Metallic
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the XLE trim so no leather steering wheel for me. I'd like to get a high quality, slim steering wheel cover. I have the beige/black interior colors.

Is anyone using a steering wheel cover that they recommend?

I'm attaching a few images from the internet for reference only. This is my interior colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD - Blizzard Pearl/Black
263 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the XLE trim so no leather steering wheel for me. I'd like to get a high quality, slim steering wheel cover. I have the beige/black interior colors.

Is anyone using a steering wheel cover that they recommend?

I'm attaching a few images from the internet for reference only. This is my interior colors.
I'm also thinking of getting one and saw this on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/SEG-Direct-Microfiber-Steering-Universal/dp/B081YHKNW5/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=steering+wheel+cover+leather&qid=1591381745&sr=8-9&th=1

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not bad, but does appear a bit bulky. I also found this on Amazon. Looks neat, but I don't know how I feel about sewing it together.
Alternatively if you find a place that does car interiors or re-upholstery services they can wrap leather around the wheel and stitch it for you.

I had owned a few used cars through the years prior to buying my RAV4, and I will say that for long-term use of steering wheel covers can actually damage the original factory plastic/vinyl covering around the wheel. If you always will have a cover on it, it is less of an issue.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alternatively if you find a place that does car interiors or re-upholstery services they can wrap leather around the wheel and stitch it for you.

I had owned a few used cars through the years prior to buying my RAV4, and I will say that for long-term use of steering wheel covers can actually damage the original factory plastic/vinyl covering around the wheel. If you always will have a cover on it, it is less of an issue.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
That's a good idea, I'll look around for a car interior shop. I'd like to have a nice, permanent solution. I wonder how much it would cost to have the steering wheel wrapped in leather of fux-leather.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Almost an OEM look: check this one out: Amazon.com: Loncky OEM Custom Fit Car Black Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover for Toyota Avalon 2019 / Toyota Camry 2018 2019 / Toyota RAV4 2019 / Corolla 2019 2020 Accessories: Automotive
If installed correctly, it looks factory since the leather it tucked under. Looking at some customer install, some look great some look okay...boils down to the installer.
Kinda of expensive, but you can customize with leather/suede/stitch color.

Here is their install video:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I want the limited oem steering wheel dont think its worth price $341 used or $786 new.
Anyone know if that silver trim on the steering can be purchase separately?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts