Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a stock OEM JBL headunit, anyone who installed an android screen, willing to part with his? or anyone else who know where can i buy it? I live in the Dominican Republic and the ones we get are wack. they're smaller and
No AA or AppleCarplay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah lmao they put these for the Caribbean market, europe as well, it sucks, they really think we stuck in the 2000's thats why im looking for a oem screen from the US, it doesnt have apple carplay or android auto, and its a 2020 model.

Whoa! A cd player?!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah lmao they put these for the Caribbean market, europe as well, it sucks, they really think we stuck in the 2000's thats why im looking for a oem screen from the US, it doesnt have apple carplay or android auto, and its a 2020 model.
Never seen a cd player in a new 2020 rav4 :)... BTW, at least not in Belgium ;-).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never seen a cd player in a new 2020 rav4 :)... BTW, at least not in Belgium ;-).
when i said europe i mean i've seen it for a handful of countries like spain for example, dont know why, specially for latin america, thats why im looking to change the headunit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Be aware that the US radio probably will not fit on your car (international version).
I have your exact radio model (south america), and a friend of mine have one in US, I know both models.
Our radios have different back because the DVD, you can check on photos, the US version are way more slim.
For that reason the hole on your panel is bigger than US and europe versions) so you will have to use your back top plastic. I am not sure if this plastic will fit on the radio.
They also have different software to interact with the car (way more options on information about services, etc) and I am not sure how will interact with the international version.
Also be advice that you can not use the JBL version (different connections for amplifier)

Saludos...

P.D. We will not have access to AA and AppleCarPlay retro fit like in Europe neither.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be aware that the US radio probably will not fit on your car (international version).
I have your exact radio model (south america), and a friend of mine have one in US, I know both models.
Our radios have different back because the DVD, you can check on photos, the US version are way more slim.
For that reason the hole on your panel is bigger than US and europe versions) so you will have to use your back top plastic. I am not sure if this plastic will fit on the radio.
They also have different software to interact with the car (way more options on information about services, etc) and I am not sure how will interact with the international version.
Also be advice that you can not use the JBL version (different connections for amplifier)

Saludos...

P.D. We will not have access to AA and AppleCarPlay retro fit like in Europe neither.
hmm i mean it kinda makes sense but i still would try it just to see if it fits somehow, how you know we aint getting the retrofit? no tiene ningún sentido por que en el de nosotros no se pudiera, me parece algo tan sencillo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hmm i mean it kinda makes sense but i still would try it just to see if it fits somehow, how you know we aint getting the retrofit? no tiene ningún sentido por que en el de nosotros no se pudiera, me parece algo tan sencillo.
I asked for the retrofit to my dealer and they asked Toyota Japon and they answered that for Latin America there would be no retrofit.
The new ones (2020 models) will have AA and Apple Carplay.
The new Corolla (from Brazil) also already has Navigation, AA and Apple Carplay.

Los Japoneses hacen las cosas a su manera y a su ritmo.
The Japanese do things in their own way and at their own pace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts