Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I might find a rear spoiler like the new Rav4s come with? I know they are out there for Rav 4.1s, a few of you here have them. I have not seen them for sale though, are they Toyota parts or aftermarket?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
tankd0g said:
Does anyone know where I might find a rear spoiler like the new Rav4s come with? I know they are out there for RAV 4.1s, a few of you here have them. I have not seen them for sale though, are they Toyota parts or aftermarket?
If you're talking about the wide duckbill types.. They're aftermarket. The brand is BOMEX. you can check their website to order one. Fit's perfectly, with clips and all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nl4jy said:
tankd0g said:
Does anyone know where I might find a rear spoiler like the new Rav4s come with? I know they are out there for RAV 4.1s, a few of you here have them. I have not seen them for sale though, are they Toyota parts or aftermarket?
If you're talking about the wide duckbill types.. They're aftermarket. The brand is BOMEX. you can check their website to order one. Fit's perfectly, with clips and all.
Thanks, not sure if that's the one, I will check it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
Is this the style spoiler you are speaking of?






If it is, it is an OEM (factory) spoiler; whose part # is: 08150-42010. You might want to try locating one from your local Toyota parts department. If nobody has them here, you can try the RAV4OZ.com store; I believe they have them there. :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Derek said:
Is this the style spoiler you are speaking of?



If it is, it is an OEM (factory) spoiler; whose part # is: 08150-42010. You might want to try locating one from your local Toyota parts department. If nobody has them here, you can try the RAV4OZ.com store; I believe they have them there. :D
Wow, didn't know that was factory, or is it for the newer models and you retrofitted it to the 4.1 ?? also did you need to paint it or did it come factory color ? Also how much did you pay for it? and how hard was the install?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
DJ Sueno said:
Wow, didn't know that was factory, or is it for the newer models and you retrofitted it to the 4.1 ?? also did you need to paint it or did it come factory color ? Also how much did you pay for it? and how hard was the install?
Yup DJ, that is a factory 4.1 rear spoiler. I got it off of eBay for around $100.00 USD, and luckily it was the same color as my RAV. I am not sure whether it comes factory painted or not, so the part # mentioned above may just be for an unpainted spoiler. As for installation, it was a breeze. All it has is some tabs that hook on the top of the rear door frame and the rest is secured by double sided tape. :D

Funny that you mentioned whether it is a 4.2 rear spoiler that is retrofitted. I actually tried that out and bought a 4.2 rear spoiler. I concluded that it would take too much effort (cutting and re-shaping) to make the 4.2 spoiler fit the back of a 4.1 RAV.

So I have an 4.2 rear spoiler (white) if anyone is interested in putting one on your 4.2 RAV. I'll give you a great deal on it! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked that the Bomex one, wow is that pricey. I see on ebay a couple of aftermarket hoop style ones which I'll go with if I have to but the factory one is the one I really want. I called my dealer and that part number is either not good in Canada or discontinued so I guess I'll have to keep an eye on ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
tankdog, eBay would be a difficult place to look for it. :cry: I've been browsing on eBay for many years now especially looking for RAV accessories; and this particular spoiler was the only one to go on auction. Not to say that another one will not turn up, but they are quite rare.

Have you tried contacting any U.S. dealers? That might be a better option for you. :D

RAV4OZ.com shop has it too:

http://rav4oz.compact4wd.com/exterior_parts.asp?page=4

It is the 3rd item down on the list. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Derek said:
tankdog, eBay would be a difficult place to look for it. :cry: I've been browsing on eBay for many years now especially looking for RAV accessories; and this particular spoiler was the only one to go on auction. Not to say that another one will not turn up, but they are quite rare.

Have you tried contacting any U.S. dealers? That might be a better option for you. :D

RAV4OZ.com shop has it too:

http://rav4oz.compact4wd.com/exterior_parts.asp?page=4

It is the 3rd item down on the list. :D
I'm not really looking to spend $400 on one :) I'll check the US sites, looks like I'm going to have to go aftermarket tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Derek said:
Is this the style spoiler you are speaking of?


If it is, it is an OEM (factory) spoiler; whose part # is: 08150-42010. You might want to try locating one from your local Toyota parts department. If nobody has them here, you can try the RAV4OZ.com store; I believe they have them there. :D
I check in a toyota dealer and they said that it spoiler is discontinued :cry:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top