Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best and easiest way to achieve 1-3 inches of lift for my 2015 rav4?
Just looking to rest a little easier when we go camping on dodgy roads..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response!
I'm very new to car ownership and definitely a little ignorant.. would getting larger wheels help with raising and if so how big can one go without rubbing, etc..?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Thanks for the response!
I'm very new to car ownership and definitely a little ignorant.. would getting larger wheels help with raising and if so how big can one go without rubbing, etc..?
It's not a question of rubbing, if you change the tire circumference, you are making the gear ratios taller, acceleration will suffer, and you might make the engine "lug" more, your speedometer will be off, and you might have more problem with dealerships and repair work.

The norm is to stay within 3% of the original size. Rubbing has more to do with the tire width in this case.

·
Super Moderator
10,220 Posts
Carry 1-3 inch thick wooden planks and deploy them as & where needed. Cheap, effective and easy to go higher as even more dodgy roads may require.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Carry 1-3 inch thick wooden planks and deploy them as & where needed. Cheap, effective and easy to go higher as even more dodgy roads may require.

Don't forget a 'high-lift' jack, an axe and a spade shovel. ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
106 Posts
Afternoon all,

New around here, but not new to suspension modifications on my rides. I recently purchased a 2016 RAV4 AWD, and I am also interested in a mild lift. I have reached out to many companies, but so far, I have only received responses from two. Of those two, one has potential.

Daystar does not, and currently will not R&D a solution for the RAV4.

I did get a much greater warm and fuzzy from Deaver (awesome company!).

Deaver Response: "Nothing on a production base. As a custom one off order we can quote accordingly and the customer can decide if they want to proceed. We would need the OEM #s for both front and rear coils with requested changes to submit to engineering for cost and time to build. The shock and strut assemblies will be the customers responsibilities to source as well."

This would equate to a "franken-lift", and could be pricey for the initial investor. I am waiting for more response back, but I plan to further investigate options with Deaver.

V/R,
Joey

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just looked for my 2008 RAV4 Limited with 4CYL, AWD, and automatic transmission. ARB OME make 1.5" lift springs for front and back. What I cannot seem to find any information about is whether OE size shocks and struts will work with the higher springs? ANyone have any info on that point?

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Indeed they do, when I clicked the products page earlier I got a 404 error, works now. Unfortunately they don't list a camber correction kit for the 4.4, just 4.3, their FAQs page says any driving over 55mph would be bad without correcting camber.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
I just emailed coloradomountainrally with pics of my 2017 LE awd, and got a reply that it's the same as the 2013-2016 application. I'll be ordering the 1.5" kit they offer...
hope this helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,
I just emailed coloradomountainrally with pics of my 2017 LE awd, and got a reply that it's the same as the 2013-2016 application. I'll be ordering the 1.5" kit they offer...
hope this helps.
Cool! Please post pics of the kit when you get it and any install pics if you could! Thanks!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts