Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my girlfriend has 2006 Rav4 3.5 V6 and she has only the original cloth mats around the vehicle, we really hate those because of how easily they get dirty. Would you guys suggest rubber/plastic mats to go around the vehicle and the trunk as well, I will probably keep the cloth ones and put the rubber ones on top, I would really like the mats to fit good all around the vehicle, brand doesn't matter, the cheaper the better, I can cut to size as long as they are big enough to fit perfectly after cutting.
Thanks !

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had the WeatherTech floorliners and cargo liner since July 2014 when I got my 2011. While they may be pricey, they are worth every penny. The driver's side takes a beating and comes back for more!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
There is sometimes confusion between floor mats and floor liners.
I first bought Toyota floor mats and they suck.

As mentioned by bigdog, WeatherTech floor liners are very good.
I live where snow accumulates, melts, freezes, (repeat until crazy).
The floor liners are practically buckets. :)

The floor liners fit beautifully, have sides to collect the snow, mud, dirt.
To clean just lift them out, blast with water.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quite pricey, but will probably buy them, anything a little cheaper and still good ? And also do they have one for the trunk ? Would they fit well over the cloth ones or it's better to take them off and probably sell them ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
quite pricey, but will probably buy them, anything a little cheaper and still good ? And also do they have one for the trunk ? Would they fit well over the cloth ones or it's better to take them off and probably sell them ?
For the trunk, go for the WeatherTech Cargo/Trunk Liner. And you can keep the carpet mat underneath the cargo liner, still works fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use the WeatherTech floor liners and cargo liner and am very pleased with them. They are made specifically for the RAV4 and provide the best protection.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Worth every penny. Buy once and be sure.

For the back, I just flipped the stock mat upside down, but WeatherTech makes a better solution. Browse their site via the link bigdog posted.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
9,027 Posts
I agree with RTexasF's warning about placing floor liners, in my instance, Weathertech, over the OEM carpets. I tried that and even before I drove the RAV after doing so it was apparent that the result would be dangerous by compromising clearance especially for the accelerator pedal, and also could cause problems with the brake pedal.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I agree with RTexasF's warning about placing floor liners, in my instance, Weathertech, over the OEM carpets. I tried that and even before I drove the RAV after doing so it was apparent that the result would be dangerous by compromising clearance especially for the accelerator pedal, and also could cause problems with the brake pedal.
I just thought it would help emphasizing the 'over OEM' part.
Yeah, take the OEM out first. Save the OEMs for resale or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts