Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas where I could purchase a hood protector for my Rav4? I've been surfing through ebay and other websites, but I haven't find one that suit a rav... Please help! Thanks!!! :(

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Have you tried a Toyota dealer? When I bought my RAV used last fall, the dealer was able to get me a brand new Toyota accessory hood deflector--the parts system still had them in stock even for the old style RAVs.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried looking in the dealership~ but they don't have any in stocks right now~ I was thinking of special ordering it, but needs to see some pictures before doing so. Anyways! thanks for the informations :D

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
If you look in my personal album there's a picture of our RAV4 with the Toyota hood deflector on it. It covers the grille and the leading edge of the hood. I might still have the part number for it somewhere.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The appearance of the hood protector looks great! If you happened to find the part #, can you please send it to me? :D and also do you have a front shot of your Rav4 with the hood protector? Thanks so much for the help!!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
OK, I uploaded a front pic of our RAV that shows the hood deflector installed. The part number of this one is C0500-42999; however, I have seen RAVs with Toyota hood deflectors that were the style that just cover the leading edge of the hood (not the grille like ours does) so there probably is more than one "official" Toyota deflector out there. Good luck.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much for all the help and informations!! :D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Just to clear things up, you are right, there is more than one version, three to be exact. All made by toyota. There was a sport guard, a half guard, and a full guard.

The sport guard was just a thin piece of fabric that covered the leading edge of the hood, as you have described.

The half guard was the sport guard, plus an extra piece for the grill and around the headlights (front part of the front fenders)

And the full guard (which is also the most rare) covered almost the entire hood, the front half of the front fenders, most of the front bumper. But unlike the other two, it had just one large opening for the grill, instead of covereing the grill.

Ill try and source some pics... the only place ive ever seen a picture was in the TRD aftermarket catalogue that I got when I bought my rav back in 97'

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Sounds like you're describing fabric car bras, but what I have and what I think jamezczf had in mind was a plastic hood deflector.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts