Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for a bit of input from a RAV4 EV owner. I'm learning as I go about these new hybrid and all-electric cars and, if I can get away from a gas-powered car, I'd really like to do so. With that said, a few questions:

How long does it take to fully charge your EV?
How long, in terms of mileage, does a charge last?
Overall, do you like an all-electric better than an all-gas or gas/electric hybrid? (Why/why not?)
Finally, would you recommend the RAV4 EV?

Thanks for all the help and replies; I'm driving a car that's 16 years old and I feel completely 'out of it' with all of this new technology.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I'm under the impression that the EV model is finished. Correct me if I'm wrong, but its not on the Toyota site for 2016. For the most part, if you drive more than 10 miles a day the EV isn't a good choice. And while it can charge on a 110v line, most folks prefer a 220v connect for speedy charging.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the replies. I think you're right about the RAV 4 EV not being in production anymore. I was just checking their website and now I can't find it. I see the RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid but that's it. When I did a Google search for info on the EV, the Toyota website it brought me to is actually for a car called the Mirai or something like that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10 miles. Typo?
I think this might have been a typo. I can't find official Toyota mileage info because the car is not listed on their website for the 2016 production year, but a general Google search says it's just over 100 miles per charge.

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
From the link I provided in reply #4. EV production ended in Sept 2014.

The heart and soul of the RAV4 EV is an electric drivetrain from Tesla Motors. By virtue of its collaboration with Tesla, Toyota transformed its sedate Toyota utility wagon into a high-riding two-ton beast. Moreover, its 41.8-kWh battery pack—providing about 120 miles of real-world range—leads all other EVs, except for the significantly pricier Tesla Model S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts