Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new in driving and do not know much about cars. Whenever I start my car, I keep seeing the oil pressure light on. So, I am bothered and went immediately to a mechanic for check up. He said I need to change the oil pressure sensor. Can I know where can I find this equipment? Is there any supplier/company who sells oil pressure sensors? I need it ASAP. TIA

·
Super Moderator
11,143 Posts
Year? Engine? Miles? Your lack of information does not help your cause at all.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Your profile indicates that you have 2012 RAV 4-cyl Base model. Should be able to buy oil pressure sensors at any Toyota dealer and many car parts sellers such as Autozone. Did the mechanic actually check the oil pressure to see that it is OK? Unless you want to do the work yourself any mechanic who actually is a mechanic should be able to obtain and install the sensor, but first they should check to make certain that is the problem. Also if your RAV is still under the 5-year, 60,000 mile powertrain warranty that should be covered by the warranty, but the vehicle will need to be taken to a Toyota dealer service department for warranty coverage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for Oil Pressure Sensors

I am new in driving and do not know much about cars. Whenever I start my car, I keep seeing the oil pressure light on. So, I am bothered and went immediately to a mechanic for check up. He said I need to change the oil pressure sensor. Can I know where can I find this equipment? Is there any supplier/company who sells oil pressure sensors? I need it ASAP. TIA

Since you have it checked already, you should also consider the specifications you need before getting a replacement of your oil pressure sensor. By the way, what's your car make and model? I'm sure, there are auto shop or your car's manufacturer out there who could possibly help you with it. Perhaps, you can ask a professional mechanic too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Blogson for sharing your ideas. I am currently out of the country so I cannot do much about it. All I want is to get it fixed when the time I arrive.

Yes, you are correct with the model and the type of car but I am not sure if the warranty is still active. I just want to replace the sensor immediately. Do you know the Toyota website so I can order the spare parts and are they going to deliver the sensor at our house? My friend told me to check this online suppliers who provide door to door delivery. I wonder if their equipment has good quality as well. TIA

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Thank you Blogson for sharing your ideas. I am currently out of the country so I cannot do much about it. All I want is to get it fixed when the time I arrive.

Yes, you are correct with the model and the type of car but I am not sure if the warranty is still active. I just want to replace the sensor immediately. Do you know the Toyota website so I can order the spare parts and are they going to deliver the sensor at our house? My friend told me to check this online suppliers who provide door to door delivery. I wonder if their equipment has good quality as well. TIA
It isn't clear to me from your 1st post....is the light coming on while you start it, then it goes off? Or is it staying on as long as the engine is running? If it's the latter, you'd better make sure the engine actually does have oil pressure. After all, that's the point of the oil pressure light.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

If the oil pressure sending unit is indeed your problem, you should get a Toyota OEM one. I see the part number as 83530-0E010. Google that number and you can get many sources to buy online, prices range from $25 to $35. The online place you linked seems to be speciality sensors or after-market--you just need a Toyota sensor to insure quality, so use the Toyota part number.

Since you don't know much about car repair, you should just call a Toyota dealer and make sure they have one in stock, and then have them check the car and install it if necessary. Who knows, maybe that isn't really the problem. And maybe it will be under warranty after all and not cost anything. It's a simple job to replace, so even at dealer premium costs, shouldn't take more than half-hour labor. (Ask for an estimate when you call.)

Or have the mechanic who diagnosed it order the part and have him install it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts