Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Greetings from Australia. I've just joined the forum having recently bought a 2010 V6 Rav4.

Hoping someone can help me out. I don't plan on many mods, other than a stereo upgrade and a reversing camera. As such, i'm looking for bodywork photos of the underfloor storage / tailgate area. Ie - photos with all plastic trim removed.

My view is obscured from the outside due to a towbar install, and I haven't yet worked out how to remove the area trim... the order / sequence of things, and how to do so without damage, etc.

If anyone can help me out, that would be fantastic :)

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
You need to do a search and I am sure those pictures are some where. The cargo door panel are held by clips and it was not that complicated to remove but the center clip was stubborn to remove. If you want to take the panels off to connect a rear camera you would need to remove the rear panel trim in the storage near the bumper along with the other middle storage box behind the rear seat. You would also need to remove all the bolts and screws on the passenger side so you can loosen the panel just a bit. There is no need to remove the entire panel which is more work. This way you can squeeze the wire along the bottom floor. I installed a rear dash cam two months ago and removed those panels. You would probably break several clips which you can buy ahead of time. These clips or the white ones will work and are inexpensive.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,447 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts