Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Weathertec side window deflectors in my 2008 RAV4 and loved them. They were just inserted in the window channel and still work great 10+ years later. Unfortunately, Weathertec doesn't make them for 2019/2020 RAV4 Hybrid. Does anyone else have experience with other brands? I'd prefer not to use tape.

·
Premium Member
7,973 Posts
OEM side window visors have been available in Canada, UK, Europe and on ebay, IIRC there's at least one aftermarket in-channel option available on ebay, should be a link in the previous search results link I posted.

·
Registered
799 Posts
@zumatech EU. Installed by the official Toyota dealer. I bought my car there, so i've got them with a very considerable discount.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The JP exported to EU are easy to fit. They have clips that go over the chrome door frame but the downside is that they are mega expensive vs non chrome side visor for other Toyota vehicles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the Autoclover ones for my XSE. They fit great and the nice thing is that they look much slimmer than all the others I've seen. Had them for about a year and no issues. One of the other things I liked about these is that they also cover the chrome around the windows, so I didn't have to wrap that strip to blackout that piece. I know you're looking for the ones that insert, but if you're looking to blackout, then that's an additional plus. The adhesive is pretty damn strong.

·
Registered
NC '19 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package
1,147 Posts
Help me understand why you use these? I would have thought them negative in terms of Aero.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Able to open the window when it's raining to prevent fogging up, able to leave the windows open in summer to let air in and out whilst parked and not have much risk of someone realising plus they look good IMHO. Aero-wise, we're driving RAV4 that has a co-efficient of drag of a house brick.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Able to open the window when it's raining to prevent fogging up, able to leave the windows open in summer to let air in and out whilst parked and not have much risk of someone realising plus they look good IMHO. Aero-wise, we're driving RAV4 that has a co-efficient of drag of a house brick.
And yet, I've gotten 39, 38, 34, and 35 mpg.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My total average after 23500 km is 5.7 l/100km. With the wind deflectors AND mudguards on all wheels.
That is in your system 14,600 miles, and 41,2 MPG.
Do i need to say more?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts