Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I am looking for a hitch for my 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, but do not like the price the dealership is charging for the tow kit and wiring harness. What are some cheaper options out there? Ease of installation and/or "hidden" options would be a plus since I'm not super handy. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Like the title says, I am looking for a hitch for my 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, but do not like the price the dealership is charging for the tow kit and wiring harness. What are some cheaper options out there? Ease of installation and/or "hidden" options would be a plus since I'm not super handy. Thanks guys!
Please delete this thread. I did not realize I posted to the wrong section. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,013 Posts
No need to delete. Moved to 4.5

·
Registered
331 Posts
I don't have answers but I am interested in solutions too.

I added a hitch and wires to my Ford Escape Hybrid and it was super easy to DIY. $200 for the "Hidden Hitch" (I think that was actually the brand) and a few bucks for the wires and about - 1 hundred something for a digital brake controller. I still have the universal brake controller.... now where did I put that thing....

·
Registered
838 Posts

The above is probably the best 2019-2020 RAV4 hitch other than the OEM part. It costs a bit more than some of the other aftermarket brands but is mounts higher and the paint is top notch. Almost nothing looks worse on a car than a rusty hitch. Taking my time, I installed mine in less than an hour. The price is now $270 and includes free shipping. I paid $300 for mine a few months ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It didn't see it mentioned, is anyone aware if this hitch affects the operation of the foot activated lift gate?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Sometimes they work and sometimes not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts