Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 V6 RAV4 Base
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a new RAV4, specifically one with the Sports Appearance Package (Black), V6 and a model year of 2010-2012. I think those are the years they were produced.

I have been looking for a month or two, and have came across 1 without the spare tire lol. I am wondering how rare these specific RAV4s were? I'm not in a rush to buy one, they just seem to be very rare and hard to obtain. Has anyone experienced a struggle purchasing one of these? Am I better off buying a RAV4 Sport and then finding or ordering a rear hatch with no spare?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I am looking to buy a new RAV4, specifically one with the Sports Appearance Package (Black), V6 and a model year of 2010-2012. I think those are the years they were produced.

I have been looking for a month or two, and have came across 1 without the spare tire lol. I am wondering how rare these specific RAV4s were? I'm not in a rush to buy one, they just seem to be very rare and hard to obtain. Has anyone experienced a struggle purchasing one of these? Am I better off buying a RAV4 Sport and then finding or ordering a rear hatch with no spare?

Thanks!
Thats the Sport Appearance Package. It doesn’t have a spare tire at all, and run—flat tires on all four corners. It would be a pain to find an SAP door and retrofit it to a normal RAV, to say nothing of the colour match of the paint. If you want the SAP, buy it. But don’t necessarily buy just for the SAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
Also recall that the Sport suspension is somewhat stiffer than that on the other trims and the run flat tires make for an even stiffer ride. If a run flat tire has a puncture at least some tire shops will state that they cannot be repaired and so will tell the driver that they must buy a new (pricey) tire. Some of our members have said that they have been able to repair runflat punctures themselves.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks!
Here is a nice one in red.

Looks like new. I saw it when I was looking at a silver limited they had. They are asking a little much and they won't negotiate. The reason I didn't buy the limited I test drove.

·
Registered
2006 V6 RAV4 Base
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2011 Barcelona Red Rav4 Sport
78 Posts
Here is a nice one in red.

Looks like new. I saw it when I was looking at a silver limited they had. They are asking a little much and they won't negotiate. The reason I didn't buy the limited I test drove.
That looks exactly like my 2011 Rav4 Sport. Absolutely love it. I originally wanted white but after reading about all the issues of paint peeling, settled on a nice red one that I found in Florida and had shipped to KS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That looks exactly like my 2011 Rav4 Sport. Absolutely love it. I originally wanted white but after reading about all the issues of paint peeling, settled on a nice red one that I found in Florida and had shipped to KS.
My sister lives in Florida and has been sending many links to Ravs for sale there. Pretty good prices compared to the KC area. Might be worth the extra $1000 or so to have one shipped here as you did if I find the right deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts