Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
Wow, I've seen some bad US-made commercials, but that is really bad. Imagine what the animal rights people would do if they ever aired it here.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow, I've seen some bad US-made commercials, but that is really bad. Imagine what the animal rights people would do if they ever aired it here.
I haven't seen it aired in the US either and I agree. If it ever was, there would be serious repercussions from just about every direction. That commercial is the product of a sick mind.

EDIT After thinking about it some more, I realized that the speech and the animals aren't even American. After some googling, I found out that's an Australian commercial, not American, and it's STILL sick. I used to view Australia as a wonderful place to see some day but if they think this garbage is acceptable, the place just dropped about 50 points.

EDIT AGAIN My apologies to all the people of Australia. I misread the info on Google. It was produced in New Zealand for distribution there back in November 2015 by what was supposed to be a reputable producer. Almost immediately after it was first aired, Toyota bowed to a mass of complaints and pulled it again.

Again I say, this was the product of a sick mind. Hopefully, Toyota found a way to make sure they don't do it again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Commercial

we have the new Toyota adds in Aus, on the Tele but i have
Not seen that one here in Perth W-Aus. it would cause big
trouble

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it was funny, but I do have a strange sense of humor.

Different culture down under, I guess. People are too easily offended in the USA.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I thought it was funny, but I do have a strange sense of humor.

Different culture down under, I guess. People are too easily offended in the USA.
Yup! And we're all Hollywood stars and we're all heavily armed, and we all dress like cowboys. All the big corporations have a CEO in a big chair that sticks out a finger and says "Make me a commercial exactly like this" instead of hiring anyone well versed in advertising to advise them on what's good to do and what isn't. The producer for this filth was supposed to be a well known, reputable film producer who surely would've mentioned "this isn't right" to somebody.

What says it for me is that when Toyota aired the piece, they had to pull it immediately due to public protest. I guess the people of NZ are easily offended too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here's a followup:
I sent an email feedback to Toyota about how disgusted I was at this commercial and just got a reply back from them. In a nutshell, Toyota US stands by Toyota NZ and they feel there was nothing wrong with it because no actual animals were killed while making the commercial - that these were all animations. It's all right. I have this idea of asking them someday if they made an ad about killing animated children then that would be OK too?

I guess they just don't get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts