Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cover on the ignition on our '16 Rav4 seems loose. I can move it a little with my finger, and can see some wiring showing around the edges.

My guess is it wasn't installed correctly, and should be an easy fix (under warranty through the dealer because I want a record of it).

Has anyone else noticed this? Possibly that's just how it is?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
I would demand that the dealership repair that cover under warranty. Plastic parts like that are only covered under the initial 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. Even Toyota's VSA extended warranty won't cover plastic trim parts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would demand that the dealership repair that cover under warranty. Plastic parts like that are only covered under the initial 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. Even Toyota's VSA extended warranty won't cover plastic trim parts.

I'll have it checked out tomorrow. I plan to be very diligent in having even "little" things taken care of under warranty. As I posted in another thread, it's important to make sure everything gets written into the service report. A simple verbal "We'll be sure to look at that" won't cut it, I want an official record of everything.

·
Registered
694 Posts
The plastic cover on top of the engine is purely cosmetic, flexible and supported by three rubber "sockets". It has no other function except aesthetics (and absorb a little of the engine noise). If does not "protect" anything. It WILL move with even light pressure - and there is nothing wrong about it.

To remove the cover just pull on it to pop it out of the "sockets", to re-install it just push it back in place.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plastic cover on top of the engine is purely cosmetic, flexible and supported by three rubber "sockets". It has no other function except aesthetics (and absorb a little of the engine noise). If does not "protect" anything. It WILL move with even light pressure - and there is nothing wrong about it.

To remove the cover just pull on it to pop it out of the "sockets", to re-install it just push it back in place.
I'm posting about the cover on the ignition switch where the key goes, inside the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps I put this in the wrong sub-forum? I checked twice, and this seemed like the correct place.

Update--I was told that the ignition switch that uses a standard key is, in the other '16 Rav4s, is like mine. They don't appear to be completed seated, and have some give.

This will be re-mentioned and officially looked at when I take it in for it's first service at around 5,000 miles. That appointment will be scheduled on-line with a detailed explanation. I don't trust the sales reps and managers to "bother" the service department with what might appear to be a "minor" non-issue on a brand new vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts