Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was doing some work on the RAV (US, '07) today, I noticed that the section of skid plate around the oil filter was hanging completely loose. Which type of tack or screw will I need to order to secure this section?

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
I got tired of fighting that and used zip ties.

·
Super Moderator
10,203 Posts
Real skid plates are metal. My dirt bike has one.
My RAV4's plastic dust undercover hangs safely in my garage.
I bet some oil change place broke or left a fastener off yours.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
When I was doing some work on the RAV (US, '07) today, I noticed that the section of skid plate around the oil filter was hanging completely loose. Which type of tack or screw will I need to order to secure this section?
You're looking for 'splash shield' clips, see part #3:
Genuine Toyota Parts - OEM Toyota Replacement Parts

There are 4 or 5 types of these little buggers used all around the vehicle: on the wheel wells, on the radiator shroud, on the bumper covers. Each type has its own method of operation--some you twist, some you poke, some you pry--usually they break. PIA parts one and all. Dealer parts shops charge an arm and a leg, you can get them cheaper by the dozen on Amazon if you can identify the ones you need. Or you can take a sample to an auto parts store to match them and they will show you a big collection. One size does NOT fit all.

Yes, I've also resorted to zip ties from time to time, but overall I'm still fighting the fight.

·
Registered
163 Posts
find the one with the largest diameter, drill existing smaller hole of the clip-fastener to the size(diameter) of the largest clip-fastener, go to auto parts store(NAPA has a fastener guide behind counter)and get now the same size clip-fastener, now you won the fight! drill at your own RISK!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts