Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
recently got a 2002 2.0L Rav, It seems like its losing power, particularly when going up hill. Could this be the clutch going? also I had a rattle in the exhaust the so i took it off a found a load of these small "stones" Im asumming this is something to do with the CAT? could this be whats causing the lose of power?
And one final issue that might shed some light to the problem is that the rear main is leaking, could this be a clue to whats going wrong?
Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
165 Posts
You have multiple issues taking place at once, and all or none of them, may be contributing to your power loss.

If those "stones" are molten metal I think your catalytic converters are coming apart and need replaced. Failing catalytic converters can often cause intermittent power loss if the honeycomb cores are rattling around.

You question wether or not your clutch is going, so this is a manual, yes? A telltale sign of the clutch loosing biting force can often be the feel at the pedal. If the clutch isn't engaging until near the end of the pedal travel, the plates are getting thin and not providing the lockup force they should.

A "rear main" leaking? Is this an exhaust or differential? Neither of those would cause a tangible power loss in my estimation, although it would be exceedingly important to fix a differential leak in order to prevent catastrophic failure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts