Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched the videos and had it working but went to experiment with how to do voice recognition and may have messed something up as no longer receive texts. I checked the bluetooth on my iphone still had notifications on for the Rav4. Later unpaired and repaired the phone since most of the videos started with pairing and then making sure SMS notifications on.

Any ideas about what else to check to figure out why I'm no longer receiving text messages?

I have a 2015 LE, lowest level Entune, and it worked before. I have a feeling I may have set something back to "default" but i unpaired and repaired again and bluetooth notifications are on. I have iphone 6.

Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you recently complete an iOS upgrade on your IPhone? On your iPhone, try going to Settings and then Bluetooth. Under MY DEVICES you should see TOYOTA RAV4 and to the right a blue circle with the letter i inside. Press the blue circle and ensure Show Notifications is on - green. You may have to turn the Show Notifications on and off a couple times if it doesn't work right away. I just tried mine and after I turned Show Notifications off, I had to turn the Show Notifications on and off on the iPhone several times before it would notify me of an incoming sms / iMessage. I am running an iPhone 6s in a 2015 XLE...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your post. I happened to get a text in (working) before I had a chance to try off/on. My earlier test was sending myself a text and I thought I'd done that before and received the text on the entune screen. Anyway, texted myself again to see if it came thru and it did not BUT a text from someone else came in so maybe it never really stopped working, texting myself just wasn't a good test.

My next thing to test is using navigation on my phone. I still want to hear the phone speak directions to me and think while paired my best option is to click over the radio source in such a way to hear the phone giving directions. Ideally I'd like to still hear the radio except when it speaks a turn but I'm not sure that is possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts