Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having loud banging and noise on all bumps and dips. Vehicle has new shocks and muffler, tail pipe and converter all secure. Suspect RH control arm, thoughts please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The jack for raising the vehicle in case of a flat tire is located in the right rear storage compartment.

Maybe it came loose and is banging around in there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The jack for raising the vehicle in case of a flat tire is located in the right rear storage compartment.

Maybe it came loose and is banging around in there?

Yes that was my first thought, I took the jack out and drove home last week and no change.
Thanks for replying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Solved it by applying hot glue on the metal that hold the Latch. Look for any shinny metal, which means is scratching back and forth. Apply hot glue and let it dry. Not too tick or the door won't close. Use a knife to shape reduce the glue thickness if too thick. Just apply common sense.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm having a similar issue and my rear shocks are new along with the control arm recall. I did check my rear sway bar links during the replacement and saw they were cracked and dry rotted. I have a new pair not installed yet, but this door latch fix looks promising. I never would have though about checking that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts